Paint Job

41 Posts | Latest reply on 25/02/2010 23:56:16 by WheelyNealy | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ian not sure the guinea pig would be too happy when you start spraying him lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

LOL LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

I haven't Mark but i've looked at second hand ones on Ebay ect and they seem to sell every colour but red Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Point about insurance is an important one, my niece bought a Barbie Pink Ka (yes i know why???) when she was insuring it was told it was logged as black and the new colour had to put down to customised, which made her insurnace higher.   Saying that if it looks good and its not to personalised you'll always find a buyer me thinks                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

if she had changed the colure  on the documents bj they would never had seen it so would got away with it just shows she didnt cross check docs and car could have been another car !     terry i agree with balde mate that is a good idea having spare tank to do up                                                                                                                                                                               
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

WN said :  terry i agree with balde mate that is a good idea having spare tank to do up   I didn't realise Mark had lost his hair !LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

lol woops soz blade mate wasnt me LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Well i've had my first quote from a decent painter and he wants £120 to paint tank (original colour) and another £100 for the fairing but there's a big BUT! I've got to buy the paint and it's nearly another £100!! That's £320 and I can get a car painted for that so whats the score there then??

If I bought a spare tank and fairing second hand to do up i'd have to spend the same again plus the cost of the parts so that ideas a big no no. 

Looks like the answers gonna be Halfords aerosols n sellotape LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

you could do a mr bean and leave a big banger in a tub or paint ( your choise of colure )  and light the blue touch paper Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Thanks for the advice Neal Thumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

im going to take the place of Dr ruth next lol lol       £320 alot for tank and fairing but it dose seam to cost more to spray bikes  its a shame i dont still work in the spry shop terry i might have been able to help you mate but havent got the gear now !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

LOL Hey there is nothing wrong with taping your bike together ... ask some members on here Wink

Good luck with whatever you do hon                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Thanks shell Wink

Shame Neal, story of my life mate Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Update on the paint, apparently I need a base coat and laquer so that puts the bill for the paint alone at £192.70 for 3/4 of a litre of each, has the world gone crazy or is it just me Shocked

Thats now £420.00 for a tank and bikini fairing paint job in standard colour, do these painters all drive Bentleys or what?? The fu**in robbing barstewards Angry

Looking at claiming from insurance now, nightmare! Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Terry...i got a tank off e bay in perfect con but the wrong colour ive been quoted  £140 for a top notch paint job in original colour  and also found a web site that does the decals so in a week or two the bike will look like new .....best to keep checking and see if you can get one in the right colour mate
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Mark does the £140 include the paint?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yep the tank rubbed down and paint put on , then the decals ,then the laquer .Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

I'll call you tonight mate, I need to talk to your painter Thumbs Up

Plastic welding kit arrived today so I'll have the fairing ready by the weekend hopefully!                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

terry the paint allways has been exspensive mate especialy the laquer  wich they now need to have certifactes to use as it contains some dodgy chemicals theres a chap from doncaster who rekons on praying it with aerosol cans then getting a spryer to put the laquer finnish on it after its another route i suppose ! have to let me know how you get on because i will be looking at sprying my triumph at some piont                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Neal the laquer is only 30 squid a litre and the cheapest part of the process! The good news is i've been offered a tank, tail, mudguard and fairing in my colour for £580 so thats another option.

The even better news is our production manager used to work in a body shop but I didn't know he was a painter and he's still got his gun etc so he might be working the weekend soon Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9063 seconds. There are 961 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption