Paint Job

41 Posts | Latest reply on 25/02/2010 23:56:16 by WheelyNealy | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm looking at getting my bike painted and i've found some interesting paint jobs but everyone seems to be saying stick to the original colour or the bike will be de-valued no matter how good the finished work looks.

Just after general opinion please before I commit myself to anything Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Terry, its your bike and you should do what you feel is right for you and what you want!!! Did you buy your bike wanting to sell it, dont think so!!!! so do what you want Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Thing is craig I probably will be selling it next year and if it costs 600 squid for the paint n devalues by 500 squid thats 1100 losser. Might as well give it to the kids to play with in the garden lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Terry,,,I stick by what I say if you were keeping bike, but I also think that a good paint job may help to sell your bike in the future as it may make it the one that stands out!!!! (may)?? I think its worth a gamble and you get pleasure out of it as well!! tricky oneConfused                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Leaving it as it is it will probably appeal to a wider market, unless it's peeling / rusty or just a mess, when it comes to selling it. It's always a gamble modifying a bike. If money was no problem I'd say have it how you like then change it back when it comes to selling it.                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Well kwak hoying it down the road at the weekend has certainly made it appeal to a smaller market unless the majority prefer dents n scrapes lol.

Like most peeps I don't have the luxury of unlimited funds so painting it twice is deffo not an option Thumbs Down

I do like craigs train of thought so i'm erring on the side of going for it unless someone gives a real good reason not to Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL ah righto Rusty, like that is it? Are ya painting around the dents, getting a new tank or having the dents bashed out first?                                                                                                                                                                              
Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin

RK, I have seen reports in the past where having a paint job has actually invalidated insurance because it came under the heading of "customisation that was not disclosed", might be worth checking with your insurers before you decide.                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

I'm having the dents repaired kwak, might as well have the job done properly Thumbs Up

Never even thought about insurance Scorpio, good call Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Excellent point there Scorpio, I forgot about that small but very important detail.                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

If you're selling repaint standard colours. If folk see a paint job they'll assume it's been slung down the road.   If you're keeping it, paint it whatever you like the best.   Fancy paint schemes won't add much value, at best, and may put folk off at worst.                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

if a bike has been painted it usualy pionts to it being droped or crashed and makes buyers especialy dealers twitchy if you cot going to keep the bike terry then out it back to standard but if you going to keep it then jazz it up abit but as a rule if its painted i would want to know why ? not to mention you might have real bad taste ! LOL and go for a bad air brushed paint scheme                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Mmmmm airbrushed naked ladie's...................... Sorry,,,,back to the paintjobLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

hahahahaha i nearly wrote that in cw but thought better not some folk might like that wolf moons and naked ladies lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Its as soon as you mentioned airbrush Neal,,,,naked ladies just came to mindLOL,,,,to hell with the re-sale valueLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

In: Ripon

interesting topic , was thinking about a paint job on my bandit , maybe have to put a bit more thought into it now                                                                                                                                                                               
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

LIME GREEN 
                                      THE ONLY COLOUR   LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i would love a air brush paint job on my VZ, skulls etc.....any one need a guinea pig to practice on ???                                                                                                                                                                              
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

In: Ripon

Lime green on a Bandit , i think NOT                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Terry have you priced up a replacement tank in the standard colour ? this would then leave you to have the damaged one done in any colour you fancy Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.1250 seconds. There are 1064 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption