meet/camp weekend in Cornwall

463 Posts | Latest reply on 09/06/2010 18:58:34 by darkcarnival | Go to original / last post
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds like you will all have a brilliant time - hope the weather holds up for you.  Safe journey and have a blast wish I was coming too, all the best Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

1 more day at work yippppeeeeee and 2 sleeps ...... not that I'm counting Sumo .... oh yeahhhhhh you have 3 sleeps LOL..... can't think why he keeps telling me to shut it !!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

2 more sleeps for me too! Gonna pack my panniers/tank bag tonight cos i wont have time tomorrow. Off to pick Dan up. He's packing as we speak lol Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Anyone passing Taunton way with any space?                                                                                                                                                                             
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I will be but not til early hours of sat. If i can definitely in site anyway, I'll ring and sort it tomorrow.   Good weather by weekend too, yipee!                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Allegedly I am according to Sumo lol I wouldnt have a clue .... will be friday and in car John                                                                                                                                                                               
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

I've just packed and am beginning to wonder where i'm gonna sit Ermm. Judging by the weight..on the flipping handlebars!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Starting to load the bags ready to fit into the Krausers-just hope I can shut the lidsLOL
Why is the rack never big enough to fit the sink on?
Oh yeah,& we just had some rain this evening.....
Anyone heading down on saturday morning from the eastern area,London ish? wasn`t sure wether to go down on the boring as hell M4/M5  route or more interesting A303/A30.
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

We'll be heading down sat morning wraith. We are stopping nr Glastonbury fri night. Can meet up somewhere if you like?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Sounds like a plan-I`ll just have to work out a time for leaving.I`d expect it`d take me the best part of a couple of hours or so just to get that far.                                                                                                                                                                              
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

It was a brief post earlier as I was still busy working, so here's the long version...     I've kept an eye on this event for a while hoping to be able to attend and it's close enough now that I can commit.   We're only coming in the car, not tackling the long ride, and I could use the kids (niceish grown up ones) as my excuse but to be honest I would be daunted at riding that far anyway, perhaps in a year or two.   Have never travelled right down that far before, Padstow is my furthest south, which is where we're heading to on Monday for the rest of the week, so we will be bringing the sink.  But it's something I've always wanted to do so am glad to be able to combine it with a weekend meeting some great new people.   If all goes to plan, but it rarely does, I'll see you all about 10am ish on Saturday.   Looking forward to it........                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

Its my first distance ride too 6ypsy....albeit am chickening out and stopping halfway. Looking forward to it though, all part of the adventure. I've never been south of Aylesbury on the bike before. We'll have a blast, looking forward to meeting you Thumbs Up   Dunno what time we'll get there, but prob early afternoon if not before                                                                                                                                                                              
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

Thanks DC and hat's off to you, don't like the bike packed up anyway, ne mind for that distance.   If I'm on schedule (yeah right) I'll get the pans on for you when you arrive. Bacon sarnie for brunch - ooh get me, practicing being posh for the southerners.   Tip if you're travelling on M5 Saturday morning, avoid Bristol around 9ish, it's hell.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi all heres the directions if you need them.   M5 Exeter - A30 past Bodmin to Carland cross round about left on to A39 to Truro.  Turn right at traffic lights and follow A39 to Falmouth/ Helston. At Falmouth turn off(double mini roundabout) follow A394 Helston.   At Helston follow signs for RNAS Culdrose or Lizard A3083. (11 miles from here)   From the roundabout with the Airfield forward left Follow the A3083 towards the Lizard until a left turn (7.8miles and one mini roundabout) a few hundred meters past a Yellow sign for ACTION PAINTBALL, the turn is signposted Kennick Sands 2 1/2  and Ruan Minor 11/4 miles.   Follow this road until you see a large building on your right called ROZEN Furniture & Cabinet makers, 100 m beyond this take the left turn at the cross roads (small sign) signed Kenneck Sands 1 mile. Follow road into village past the bus stop on the right 100 meters Chy Carne camp site.   I'll head down there on Friday around lunch time to set my tent up.....see you all there. Anyone want my number just PM me. John                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

had a look at google with the wee yellow man[street thing?]roads look very narrow afterA394 but ilove the sunshine lol. seems strait forward but thats always famouse last words, see ya`s about 2/3ish . famouse last grouse 3/4ish                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

fri-day- noon -eve. lol                                                                                                                                                                             
.Paul.'s Profile
.Paul.

In: Torbay,Devon,Sou

Hi. I hadn't posted as i needed to check I could make this, never been to a bm meet before, this one looks good and in an area I wanted to visit after moving to devon a few mths ago. im going to book fri-mon                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Local roads certainly look entertainingSmile Not sure, reckon we'll be there 3:00 - 4:00 Friday afternoon. Gotta leave sometime Sunday.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bike passed m.o.t Thumbs Up now to pass my own.A the hell with it good kick up asrse will do. Stilll to pack my gear [ 1 t-shirt /shorts/trunks] think thatll do.lol.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lol @ Emdee yeah 1 x pants turn around for next day then inside out and turn again 4 days worth is it lol......                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6104 seconds. There are 760 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption