Easyjet launch Isle of Man service

10 Posts | Latest reply on 17/02/2010 21:44:57 by nitrousnige | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

LOW-COST airline easyJet has confirmed the company is to launch six times per week service between the Isle of Man and Liverpool airport.

The new service starts on May 21 and will be operated by one of the airline's new 156-seat Airbus 319 aircraft.

The airline says it expects 70,000 passengers to travel in the first year.

Just in time for TT week.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Lets hope easyjet isn't as bad as it's portrayed on telly or the passengers will have to watch the T T on video.                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've used easyjet for years kwak and never had a single problem. If you expect cheap and cheerful that's what you get Thumbs Up

Wouldn't mind a blat over there, maybe some cheap opening offers to be had. I remember flying to Prague free a couple of years ago but had to pay the airport tax at £15.00, what a let down eh LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

Just tried the Easyjet website, looks as if it isn't taking Liverpool-IoM bookings just yet. 
Bit of a shame, as Liverpool airport's just a 15-minute bus ride with the stop outside my house. I'm getting temptedEvil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

How am i going to get my bike strapped into a plane seat !!!!??????                                                                                                                                                                              
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

We can strap you and ur bike to the wing 9r - cheap is what u pay for - cheap is what u get !! lol                                                                                                                                                                              
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

Good thinking batman....er i mean 46....Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

I have used Easyjet in the past and it's usually satisfactory without all the hassle customers experience on the television. However, on a flight to Edinburgh the stewardess closed the main door and all the oxygen masks on one side dropped down. We transferred to another aircraft but I missed most of the meeting I was supposed to be going to. There was then a knock-on effect with all the flights returning from Edinburgh for the rest of the day running late. There was also an occasion in Edinburgh again where a Scottish version of Leo (how that guy has never got a smack astounds me) who insisted that I weigh my small back pack before taking it on as hand luggage. If you're going to pick up a bike when you're on the Island, there'll probably be a lot of hassle about taking helmets into the cabin with the jobsworth attitude that prevails with Easyjet. Still, I gather that Ryan Air are claimed to be worse. They will be running high speed trains for well heeled Germans - Von Ryans Express.
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

It'll be a bit of a squeeze getting my 750 into that hand luggage tester they have at check it and as for liquid carried in a non see through container well erm no I cannot afford plastic crank cases and petrol tank (let alone lifting the bike into the overhead lockers pmsl.....) I too have only ever flown with EasyJet and every time I've been highly satisfied with their service. The program is highly edited for tele or it'd be pretty dull viewing! Pays yer money takes yer choice!                                                                                                                                                                             
nitrousnige's Profile
nitrousnige

In: Chichester

If it gets more people to the TT all the better IMHO, cos getting places to stay over there isn't easy unless you keep your booking going from year to year, so a day trip on the plane will hopefully keep the numbers up, the money coming in and the TT going for longer and longer, may it never end.......!   See you there I hope, I'll be there Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4220 seconds. There are 1022 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption