TTXGP founder disappointed by Zero TT betrayal

11 Posts | Latest reply on 03/02/2010 22:58:59 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

IN A SHOW of remarkable professionalism, TTXGP founder Azhar Hussain has said he is 'disappointed' at Isle of Man TT organisers for their recent decision to launch a rival zero-emission series within this year's TT fortnight, effectively ousting Hussain's organisation out of the 2010 event. In what's rumored to be a politically-charged agreement between the FIM and TT organizers, Hussain, who masterminded the inaugural TTXGP and has an international zero-emission race calendar in place for 2010, has been told he will not be organising any future TT events. "The TTXGP race last year was a huge success," Hussain told Visordown.com. "We've put in a lot of effort and hard work to make the 2010 race even better, and are disappointed the Isle of Man TT has decided not to work with us this year." Last week, Isle of Man Minister for Tourism Martyn Quayle revealed the Island was to turn its back on the founder of the zero-emission race series and instead host their own event, claiming the Island was properly integrating the clean emissions class into the race programme. "We are delighted that the Isle of Man was the first country to run an electric bike race and the fact that there are now events scheduled around the world is a tribute to the Island's entrepreneurial, innovative spirit and shows what an achievement it was for the Isle of Man to run the groundbreaking inaugural event," said Quayle from his pool of reflected glory. "We are now building on this fantastic start by properly integrating the clean emissions class into the race programme - this really does send a clear signal that electric motorsport is fast evolving and that the TT Races remain at the forefront of motorcycle sport." Really? Organisers have revealed this year's TTXGP will now be run on Wednesday afternoon, instead of its planned showcase slot on Friday morning ahead of the Senior TT. The decision is seen by many as a snub to the zero-emission series.                                                                                                                                                                               
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Real shame.   They ( TTXGP ) had the b*lls to set up the series, without knowing just what response they'd get, and now the FIM want to muscle in and take control. I guess the IOM have been influenced by wanting to stay in the FIM's good books.   It can't be good for the technology, to have 2 seperate series.Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

I had some dealings with FIM in relation to lobbying in Europe when they decided to become involved and came to the conclusion that they never failed to disappoint. It looks like they're no better with the zero emissions racing and that they will probably kill it off through their preoccupation with protocols and bureaucracy rather than promoting the sport. 
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

But the electiric bikes are just wrong for sport !!!!

They went past and nobody noticed because where was the exciting adrenaline fuelling

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ooooooooooooooo
wwwwwwwwwww
wmmmmmmmmmm      (*had to split that to keep Matt happy*)

noise ????

Half the fun is the ear splitting roar of the engines !!!!!

It's not for me anyhoo    Thumbs Down

Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

I agree with what you say, Rossi although I don't particularly follow motorcycle sport except for the occasional grass track meeting. However, since the guy had stuck his neck out to get zero emissions racing off the ground, he deserved better treatment than the IoM authorities and FIM dished out.

I would also suggest that there's no such thing as zero emissions since the electricity which powers these bikes has to be generated, transmitted and stored with all the losses associated with doing so and unless you can guarantee exclusive use of hydro electric, tidal and wind, then it's only zero emissions at the point of use.
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Cats got plenty of wind Ha HA!!Dead                                                                                                                                                                              
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

would be like watching the race with the sound turned off. They could put playing cards against the spokes to make the noise. No castrol R either! whats the point. i say kill it off now before someone thinks its a good idea. The greens have no right to be watchin bike racin . I might have a little willy but my carbon footprint's  massive. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

I'd rather they came up with new ideas now, than wait for the oil to run out, and then start thinking.   You never know, perhaps someone will design a genuine emissions free engine, that runs on fresh airSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

The hydrogen fuel cells only bi-product is water. By the time the fuel runs out i imagine that legislation would be in place to prevent extravagant use of petroleum based fuel. which means they would have to find a replacement or face the axe. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Alright then - have your electric bikes - but if you're gonna race em,,,, at least install a recording of a real bike to play so that you can tell where it is and when it's gone past !!!!

You will end up with loads of RTA's if they become mainstream cause nobody will hear if one is approaching !! 

Wacko

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Sure some people prefer the silence lol                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4375 seconds. There are 1104 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption