Top Tips For New Bikers

12 Posts | Latest reply on 13/01/2010 11:08:23 by bikerbitch | Go to original / last post
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

In: Denbigh/Leigh
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I was just thinking that there is a myriad of experience on this forum as well as the other forums on here. Has anyone got any top tips (real ones this time) in relation to biking, skills maintenance etc that has been passed on or learned over years of experience that newbies could benefit from, things like taking out a coaster to put your sidestand on in hot weather so it doesn't sink through the tarmac/sand.etc........ Just thought as some of us wee old farts could impact a bit of brain.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

bb if you trawl back through the forums there's absolutely tons of previous threads with all sorts of tips and info from riding skills to bike maintenance. If you can be bothered to have a mooch it would be worth resurrecting some of them as there'll be loads of peeps joined since then Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

When riding pilly ladies ( I think I'm aiming this mainly at the ladies), It works wonders for the inner thigh muscles if you can manage to hang on to ones rider using only those muscles.If the rider can manage to navigate his way along the road in a "jerky" fashion, so making the pilly's muscles relax and contract accordingly, this affords a greater workout, please see my soon to be published DVD for more tips and helpful ideas (£9.99 with a pic of me on the inner cover.....Bargain!!!!!!!) Embarrassed sorry for the silliness, I'm getting slighty hysterical being confind to the house for so long Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

PMSL @ LC LOL Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

LC - I'm with you on that one  Thumbs Up   btw - it's known on this site as the Stella Grip (TM) Big smile   Mind you - it does get a bit confusing when your rider whinges that you're gripping too tight with your thighs ..but then when you loosen the grip starts standing up on the pegs looking around to see if he's lost you cos he can't feel you anymore!!! Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

lol ... Ian is always reaching down with his hand to feel my knee to check I am still with him, I dont hold on with my hands either LC but he always forgets I am there LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

A tip for anyone realy, not just new riders. Get more training. I'm a member of the IAM, other advanced training schools are available. I find it very usefull for spotting hazards, safe riding etc. Advert over.                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

my tip is to make up your own mind about what ride you like not that of others we all so different !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

plus there is only one copy of LC'S DVD AND ITS ALL MINE !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Ian it's on YOUTUBE here:-

www.lcsthundergrippingthighs.com

LOL

Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

I always grip with my thighs, always puts a smile on my face Embarrassed   shell, it's just an excuse to feel your knee again, you know what fellas are like Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

In: Denbigh/Leigh

oh dear rusty,hands slapped,lol I'm a Geek   I'll have to go and check the you tube out film out,Wink   Tim hall-I do do skeggie every year,both business and pleasure,and take the oppertunity of going out with the IAM each and every time,its great riding practice,and the instructors aint bad either!Smile   ianhg- you need to share man,its more fun Beer   nutkin-how true..........lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5156 seconds. There are 1323 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption