Petition against proposed motorcycle road tax increase

67 Posts | Latest reply on 02/02/2010 20:49:36 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
lellis's Profile
lellis

In: Winsford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Biker's,  there is a petition on the  Number 10 website about the proposed increase in Motorcycle Road Tax. You can add your name now by clicking on this link.http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/mo...ed/  Lets get behind this campaign and show the goverment that bikers matter, remember they are looking for your vote this year, so get on board now.   Deadline to sign up by: 17 March 2010                                                                                                                                                                               
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

done  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

lol , ok my 125 is only £15 per year, but my SV which is 2 years younger & has an engine smaller than my car costs me 3x what it costs me to tax my car already ...                                                                                                                                                                              
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

In: Denbigh/Leigh

Done Thumbs Up   just hope it was worth while and we get some results.                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

SignedThumbs Up   Tho, tbh, think these petitions are a waste of time. Merely window dressing by a govt who wants to be seen to be listening, but invariably do exactly as they please.                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Done!  Thumbs Up   Don't have a bike but hate to see bikers targeted - and I shall be a bike owner in the future at some point too.   Although the cynic in me says that I'm sure they will find another way of ripping us off somehow.     Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

tiz done good lad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Kin posts disapearing again Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   what they wanting to put it up to   Hopefully they will be voted out b4 they can burden us all with more Censored tax   God only knows what the other lot will dream up                                                                                                                                                                             
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

I must agree with Rob1050 signing a petition does nothing, i've seen these sort of thing accepted with smiles and yes will take them into account, and then they are put in the bin.
Government has decided to recoup monies that it has spent on bank bailouts and other stuff and this is just one of them, there will be more you can be sure of that.

If you want to protest then start a revolution, do what the french did and start again. One lot of Government is the same as the next liars just trying to keep their jobs. Thumbs Down

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes when they are desparate to get more money they will squeeze everything and anybody to make it look like they have cut spending but in reality they are just raising as much revenue as possible and we are seen as an easy mark...Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

OK done. Does anyone know how large these increases are going to be?                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I thought this had been done last year but Mag made an announcement that it had been quashed? Maybe I'm wrong so I'll follow the link and sign it just in case! Signed 1701 so far come on folks!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Also posted to FB too..                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

I've signed & also put it up on my FB too                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

sdv i agree with you about the fact its just a gimic to make the govenment look like its listening and i think a revolution will happen before long the way these idiots run our lives, but to start one we need to first be seen objecting to things  which is what the petition is all about a catalist dosnt just spring up and say hello so get it singed and then we can complain when theyve ignored us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
lellis's Profile
lellis

In: Winsford

I agree its probably just another petition that will be ignored, by the time we hear about these things the decision has probably already been made. whether its cars or bikes we are all easy targets for more tax increases, fuel, road tax, speeding cameras etc   But if you don't attempt to do something, you cant moan when it happens and you didn't try.                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

So that's agreed then..       ...time for civil warEvil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

bring it on !!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well if the bikers of the UK did what the students did in the 60's ...  & no I dont mean the sex, drugs & rock n roll lol ... if there was some way for us all to unite .... I am sure something would get done                                                                                                                                                                              
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

It could happen.Thumbs Up   There were a fair few turned up for the Killspills demo's in London and even by the police's own figures, there were a few thousand at the Welsh reclaiming the roads day, that MCN organised.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 1124 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption