weather

109 Posts | Latest reply on 22/12/2009 10:36:21 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Maybe if everyone in your street got a petition to the council for a grit bin they might supply one for next year. Can only hope.   Good idea, I'll start the ball rolling, cheers Ric.   My village has quite a few old fogies (NO not me! lol) I'm sure they'd appreciate being able to get out of their home and walk to the shops/bus stop etc without fear of falling.                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

PML @ 'Stop the Salt' I said that to my ex hubby 13 yrs ago, he met someone called Salt LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Hey, and make sure you have sensible footwear if you go out razzing. Killer heels, minus 5 degrees and frozen slush....not recommended and thank god for railings and lamp posts to hang on to, that's all I can say                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Now I've got a mental image of old fogies in killer heels LOL                                                                                                                                                                                
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Heavy snow - thunder AND lightning here today !!!!!   Even I won't venture out in that !!!!!   Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

thunder & lightning??? wow - we've just got snow here - about 2 inches fallen so far since mid morning (& counting!)                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

And who has been out today,, on a 900... in hail,, and it started to stick!! lol

Thanks to the guys at Hein Gericke Liverpool for clearing a path from the shop door.

I got home ok.  Just wearing my new gloves.  I do that.

Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

wasn't the rest of ya a bit cold??                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL Stella   A miracle happened, our street got gritted this morning!! Shocked    I was only saying yesterday that our road doesn't. Last year (my first winter in this house) our street didn't get gritted, I now wonder if it was an oversight or is today's gritting just a one-off? Mind you the small amount they left behind wouldn't really make much difference. Why do gritters drive so fast? Confused    Ironically the snow started just as the gritting had finished and it hasn't stopped yet.  Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                               
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Limeninja9 - I had a friend who, when he went shopping for new gloves, always came home with a new bike instead !!! lol   And he took his brand new tyres for his Blade to bed with him (obviously before they were fitted !!!)   There's commitment for ya !!! Or he wanted to be committed to an institution - one of the two   LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Kwak they might be out spot gritting,in other words just doing some roads that normally don't get done. Or it could of been a mistake by the driver. The optimal speed for spreading on our trucks is 30mph,gives the correct spread and we can also control how much and at what degree left or right the grit comes out the back. (great fun for blasting legs of gobby twats on the pavement) ((allegedly)) Thats why they go so fast and that speed on a road like yours it will look faster than it actually is.                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

HFG you funny girl you....

Tyres in bed????  hhhmmm I can see the attraction there actually.  I have a nice new BT45 that could accompany me later.  And I can wear me new gloves!!!

I think grit is slipper than ice,, got home ok without it today.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think grit is slipper than ice   Yeah thats why we chuck it around everywhere. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

Well we are the only country that does,, I think,, and I have slipped off on grit but never snow... all I am saying...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Snow is safer than ice anyway. In Sweden they do 80-90 mph in the snow as its powdery,not like our wet stuff,so can get a better grip. Other countries do grit but Europe i believe uses a different kind of grit. Couldn't tell you the difference though. I just drive them.                                                                                                                                                                             
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

Its crap......thats it.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

The optimal speed for spreading on our trucks is 30mph,gives the correct spread and we can also control how much and at what degree left or right the grit comes out the back. (great fun for blasting legs of gobby twats on the pavement) ((allegedly)) Thats why they go so fast and that speed on a road like yours it will look faster than it actually is.   That was my point, that they go so fast it doesn't go on the road but the pavement, and not all 'victims' are gobby, well I'm not gobby to gritters lol  No point putting grit on our pavements cos we can't walk on the them, the road is a narrow one so folk park on the pavement.    Most of today's grit ended up in the potholes LOL                                                                                                                                                                                    
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Have not seen a grit wagon yet !!!

ah the brummie tradition of lets wait til after !!

TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Got about 7 or 8 inches here but snow plough has been past and I now have to try to get through a 2 foot snow berm tomorrow morning....                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

TC are u braggin again ? Wink                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 1434 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption