Donington loses BSB next year

8 Posts | Latest reply on 14/12/2009 22:46:42 by timhall | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well the rot goes on - Donington have now lost the BSB:   Donington Park has suffered another blow after being dropped from next year's British Superbike Championship. The venue has already failed to come up with the funding to host the Formula 1 British Grand Prix and lost the rights to the MotoGP. MSVR, the commercial and organisational rights holder of the championship, admitted concern in a statement. It read: "Such uncertainty is clearly unacceptable for the teams, series organisers and spectators." The event was scheduled to run from 10-12 September but will now take place at Croft. MSVR chief executive Jonathan Palmer added: "It is very important for the teams, our broadcast and commercial partners and above all the fans that we prepare a calendar consisting of venues where there is no doubt about whether or not the event will actually take place." Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire will now host an extra meeting on 21-23 May as well as its traditional August Bank Holiday slot.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Shame, but Donington doesn't have a circuit at the moment.   At least this'll give them 12 months to get their act together.                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

idiot managers!!  wot a waste   Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

.......still such a shame..........some great events and memories there for me and mine.........I hope there will be again one day when they get themselves sorted........a big loss to us all!!Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

i'll miss Donnington on the circuit :(                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I won't.  Two dates for Cadwell.  Bonus!                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit46's Profile
bandit46

In: cannock

i will miss craner curves                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

Croft souns good to me. I might ride up there to watch it.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3477 seconds. There are 1033 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption