Harley-Davidsons

70 Posts | Latest reply on 21/12/2009 22:35:27 by savanna | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I posted this just to see the reactions - and thought that there'd be some funny ones. Alas the only funny things here are the childish nature of the 'my ones better than yours' brigade. It's rather worrying that you all have the right to vote, and yet your ages are probably bigger than your IQ"s....
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

Doesn't take much IQ THACKERY to work out the yanks are caught up in this GO USA and that reflects in a lot of what they build in bikes cars trucks and plant machines.

So working on the premise that i have been riding bikes from age 9 and have been a Trails rider in completion events, a road race mechanic in British Irish and European circuits and have had dozens of road bikes and still do many track days i think i have a suitable IQ to comment and say they are a pile of crap and the japs do a better job of building a more reliable cruiser FACT not a childish mine's better than yours.

I have no problem with anyone who wishes to own and ride a HD just don't start on about attitude's of others when most of the time its HD owners that start the argument.

O yeah i have the vote but choose not to vote for Thieves, liars that are involved in politics. 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think you have to look back to your original post Thakery. Q. What's the biggest drawback to riding a Harley-Davidson ?  A. - non-Harley riders attitudes !   Is it a statement (ie question/answer) as it appears, or a question. If it’s a statement then there is no question to answer. If it is a question then its no different to asking what’s the biggest drawback of owning a mini…and that becomes subjective. Someone could say a mini is no good for towing a race car on a trailer. But if you don’t want to tow a race car then that aspect is not a drawback. because it becomes irrelevant.   So the response to you post has to be that it depends on what you want out of your bike. If a HD satisfies all your requirements and needs then there probably will not be any drawbacks. For eg. My VFR400 does everything I want from a bike, ie, small, fast enough, handles well, cheap to run, ascetically pleasing, can ride it in through the front door and  park it in the kitchen. Etc etc .   My bike is better than any Harley ever made in my opinion, because I don’t like Harley’s. Just as Ricdude says “if its not chopped it doesn't interest me regardless of the make,be American,British,Jap or whatever” That’s because that’s what ticks his boxes. Surely you are not implying people who express their preferences have low IQ’sOr have I missed something?                                                                                                                                                                              
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

"have I missed something" err yeah......I've got a Mini TongueWink                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

...I like Mini's - they're 'ickle & cute just like me (roflmao!!!!) LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

But do you tow a race car Rob                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

It's funny that someone who thinks we're all childish (i actually agree with that bit) should then send an offensive PM to me and disable his profile. Perhaps matt you could find out why this person has joined this site. It appears that he's here purely as a wind up merchant. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

I'm sorry but - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! - what reason does he have to send an offensive PM to you Blues?????? (to anyone actually!)                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

You'd have to ask him that H . i only made one post. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

well I hope you've reported it to Matt.   Anyway - back to Mini's...... Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

I like Mini's too Stells - I have my eye on one when I decide to get a car again.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bluesbiker - and your response wasn't offensive ?!?!   ... handbags etc ... You didn't get what I was saying lad ... and the profile is deleted cos this site is used by numpties                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy Im a numptie . . who rides a Triumph!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Your'e not on yer own Bluesbiker. I had a PM using words i never even heard of...... vitriolic Had to look it up.. it means very caustic; scathing: vitriolic criticism   so i put a paper bag on my head, went outside, sat on my wall and sang   "Numpy dumpty sat on a wall."   then i fell off...anyone want to come round and help put me back together again   to quote babyh  PMSL LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Also had PM's.   Think we actually agreeLOL         Anyway, ain't Mini's great..........   .........except for towingLOLTongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Spot on Rob..hehe LOLThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

Shut the door on the way out mate. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Sorry to hear that peeps about pm,s and for being childish well we all on here like to have fun so we do,minis are a pain to work on but loads of fun,owned one a long time ago always made me smile,o yeah see ya numpty                                                                                                                                                                              
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Is that real Mini's or the BMW 1 series Hope he dosn't fall off with skim that thin might get hurt                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

ahh now Mick - you're starting a whole new discussion here!!!! - real mini's V the BM Mini!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8433 seconds. There are 1235 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption