Speedway anyone??????

21 Posts | Latest reply on 03/12/2009 18:26:54 by babyharley | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Was wondering if any BM members are speedway fans. I notice that a new midland team have formed for 2010. the Dudley Heathens. Seems they will be riding home matches at Wolverhampton and Birmingham because they are still struggling to find a new track of their own. So with tracks in W’hampton, Brum, Sheffield and buxton Coventry (plus many more around the country) surely some BM’ers are fans…..?????Me,  I’m a Mildenhall Fen Tigers supporter…roll on march 2010 Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

i was  a Belle Vue aces fan ,Ivan Mauger  was my absolute hero ..sigh                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Anneka, in that case you will remember Peter Collins and probably Ole Olsen... The Aces are still going but sadly are no longer the force they once were. There are plenty of pics of Ivans gold plated bike on the net and he still has links with british speedway.Thumbs Up   check out  http://www.ivanmauger.com/canterbury/photos/                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

aww thanks xx                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Never gone to a match but enjoyed it on the telly. there's only one team i could follow as a brummie but their future is now in jepardy again due to noise complaints at perry barr. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
88% Karma88% Karma 88% Karma88% Karma

Went a couple of times a few years ago but would be up for a night out yelling and screaming lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
99% Karma99% Karma 99% Karma99% Karma

same here, like it on the telly but ive never been to watch.  I actually end up turning it off after 10 minutes, only so much of round-and-round-and-round you can watch.  It is entertaining for a short time though. My dad used to race side-cars many moons ago, until he realised how dangerous it is lol                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

Like all sports Matt it's so much better  when you are  there,tbh i could never watch it on tv either.There's nowt like having gravel thrown at you from a blurr going round the track !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Ice speedway is fun.  And the races are really short with very few riders managing a full lap!                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

Now that does sound like fun !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Once a year there is a speedway on ice event held at telford ice rink, usually in february. It is not Ice speedway (which is a sport in its own right) but normal speedway bikes with studded tyres. It was not held this year due to some kind of maintainance at the rink but plans are that the 25th "speedway on ice" will go ahead in 2010.... watch this spaceBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

If i watch hard enough will icicles appear LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
davetheblade's Profile
davetheblade

In: wolverhampton

big wolverhampton speedway fan but didnt get to go down much this year as work seemed to get it the wayBig smile                                                                                                                                                                              
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

avid fan, every week my kids were virtually brought up round speedway tracks lol!   When I lived in Kent, every week to Canterbury for Canterbury Cruisaders........unfortunately track no more.  Then moved further north.............every week Long Eaton Invaders..........track no more lol!  Been down to Peterborough a few times too...track still there lol!!! Yes, Mauger, and all the biggies way back then, so exciting to watch.  Then on to the Dave Mullets, Martin Dugards etc..............such a great sport, the family loved it! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

,,,he he and my son just reminded me of Andrew Silva (hi ho silva on the rear of his leathers pmsl!), Jamie Luckhurst and his brother (cant remember his christian name now!), Rob Tilbury................to name just a few more yester year young up and coming speedway stars as they were then Thumbs Up good times lol!
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Theres also a track in Stoke BH... i only know about it tho cos my best bud is a "clerk of course" for Cheshire Grasstrack... (which also has its scary moments... I know, I help her out with marshalling LOL)                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

I would like more details as Ive not been to speedway for years..my best friend at school Colin was a brilliant sucessful speedway rider...

Keep us posted folks please...

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Babyharley..try http://www.hitmen2000.co.uk/   BC..for more info try   http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/   Thumbs UpWink                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Looks like you may have to organise a speedway event Paul ................ welcome to BM LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Went with RAT (Riders Association of Triumph) to Birmingham speedway, earlier this year.   Good night outThumbs Up   Not many bikers there tho. Seemed more like a football crowd tbh, each side with team colour scarves etc.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 1290 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption