BMW six

11 Posts | Latest reply on 16/12/2009 18:31:34 by hightower | Go to original / last post
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i like the look of the new BMW six cylinder cafe racer in MCN its about time we had some sixes back on the market ace !!! bmw concept 6 is as the name states just a concept bike but apparently the engine is going into production and will be out first as touring machine . with a 1600cc straight six transverse enginge derived from the K1300s and shaft drive torque is claimed at 96lb.ft @ 2000rpm revving to 9000 rpm gonna be a good summer next couple of years Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I can always remember having a go on my cousins 6 cylinder Honda many years ago. He ran it with just the header pipes on....Scared me to death!                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

bet it sounded nice though                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

you see you put a bike topic up and no one bothers with it !!!!!!!!!!         lets talk drivel again its more fun !!!!!!!!!!!!lolBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

They reckon it will be built. Unlike Suzuki who showed a concept  6 cyl a few years back, which never came to anything.   tbh not sure what advantage a 6 has over other configurations for bikes. Too complex, bulky, when everyone knows a triple is the ideal.Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

BMW have already comitted to making it. Ya right neal it did sound awesome, used to shoot out flames on the over run                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

triples are so thursty though rob  ! mine only dose about 30 35 mpg its not that good on fuel                                                                                                                                                                              
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

My old ZZR1100 used to return 50mpg quite reguarly. It always amazes me how modern "efficiant" 1100cc bikes with Fi can bearly manage half that.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

WN - depends on the model/tune/gearing.   My 1050 does about 45 mpg, the previous 955 averaged 50mpg and would do more than that, given a light right hand, tho that wasn't too oftenSmile                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

my hand allways has a good grip ! lol  its a 93 900cc daytona heavy bike . ive had it serviced but havent been on any long runs yet so it may be more and yes i do have a habit of a fist full of gas. so it may be the main reason ill have to do a mpg run to see what it dose for real ! GeekThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
hightower's Profile
hightower

In: Doncaster

I`m intrigued by this has it looks nice and if they make it like the concept to be honest i`ll be interested.   I hope it does get built has I`ve bought the B king after seeing pics of the concept yeah it`s got no supercharger and it`s been altered from the initial concept but it`s close enough to the concept.   but all I can say is thank god they didn`t add the supercharger it`s a monster has it is and it`s not run in yet Tongue.                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 1107 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption