Biking vs Junk topics

77 Posts | Latest reply on 02/11/2009 09:25:16 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

calm down wheeeeeeely   i still don't understand it !                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

The karma rating doesn't increase just by posting a short post, and certainly not by posting just  'LOL' or just a smiley.   See the karma page for an explanation   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/b...asp                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

Ahhh right  i comprende  now..... i think                                                                                                                                                                               
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Twinnie early bedtime for using bad language !!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

It not just the karma, i have been a little bit annoyed some times when a topic gets hijacked by people posting rubbish                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

i know some topics   seem to go off at a tangent                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

but i must admit  it can  be my antidote  to work ......                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

in my opinion. maybe its the rubbish being posted that keeps the forum ALIVE ?  Makes me laugh everyday, don't know what I'd do without the 'rubbish'.......                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Agree 100 % with Geoff.I have been(a fairly active)member of this site for almost three years now,but will not be renewing my membership when it expires.This is due entirely to the reason Geoff has stated.Some of us like the more serious stuff.When i first joined bm i didn't even know how to check the oil on my bike,but have learnt so much by following the more technical threads.If i didn't understand what was being discussed i said and someone always took the time to explain things to me.That was the reason i joined bm in the first place rather than a run of the mill dating/social site.I'm not saying that theres no room for silly threads or non bike related subjects,but i'm not at all interested in peoples day to day trivia.Surely that should be kept to chat,pms or even....dare i say it...facebook!!!.Am also tired of finally finding an interesting thread worth contributing to,only to find by halfway down page 2 it has devolved into nonsensical drivel. A wee while ago the question was asked"is bm a dating or social site?".Perhaps now the question should be"is bm a biker site?".                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Oh not the bloody karma thing again, when will you all listen?  You don't get any points for posting "LOL" or any short post at all.  You DO get a lot of posts for starting NEW topics in the BIKE NEWS forum that are of a decent length (more than x words long)!!!  So this should help increase the good content in the forum and reduce the crap. WB: That's cos I created a load of biking related topics, as have a few other people now since I asked for the junk to be cut down. I'm not saying we can ONLY have bike chat, but as it was there were pages of absolute rubbish with NO biking related discussions whatsoever! There is a general chat, and it's fine for discussing everyday stuff.  BUT, some people have just been abusing it lately, starting topics that are unnecessary just to build up their post count.  "What's your dog's name?", "How old is your budgie?"  etc. It was not a nice mixture as it was, it was off-putting and ridiculous.  I finally had to say something to put an end to it, hence this topic.  General Chat is to discuss current affairs, whatever... but do NOT start a topic just because you're bored and you want to know what shade of blue the sky looks in different parts of the UK!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

trying to find a happy medium is hard and i dont envy you that task Matt, i put my hand up to starting useless threads and i accept my slapped wrist for it Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

yeh you led me ashtray  sis  its ur fault                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Ok i take a slap on the wrist for that as well LOL

Do believe it goes in fits and starts though, generally find when theres lots of racing and rallies and the weathers good bike chat is prominent but as winter sets in ..............
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

prob is the same as always,just the same bunch of people posting. come on newbies,where are you all? what have you go to say for yourselves?                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

i disagree there julie coz  there s alot of new peeps posting me included only been here since july                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Unhappy Mm well if the same posters didn't post there'd be nowt to read                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

ear ear kwak i agree wi that one seems the peeps moaning dont post much to me !!!!!!!!!!   or am i wrong ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

I for one dont read every thread, and if i open one that doesnt interest me i just shut it and look somewhere else.

You can choose just to open the forums that appertain to the subject matter which you prefer, rather than all active topics.
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

still a very small proportion of the membership are posting,agree with kwak on her point.It would be really good to get some more interesting bike related topics going,I can`t generally be bothered reading any new topics now unless i know the person who started it and think that they may have started something relevent to biking
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

If no one tells the newbies then they dont know what to post about, rubbish might be better then nothing untill some one does tell them                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 973 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption