Biking vs Junk topics

77 Posts | Latest reply on 02/11/2009 09:25:16 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

still here ! bike talk only sounds extreamly boring to me that i luve bikes and can talt till the cows come home about them !   but i love life too and like to talk about that aswell ! dont know about people leaving coz of all the none bike realated stuff on here but as a farely new member i can say that the main reason i joined was because of all the freindly none bike stuff being talk about mostly !   so seems that it would be shooting your self in the foot if u removed all of it   Ive been on forums where the topic of conversation was purly driven by the common denominator ie, vans , cars , bikes and whatever and found them extreamly boring and left soon after finding them   yes  i agree its a biker site and bike talk would be good thing too but stiffle it to much and you will lose alot more people you clearly need a balance maybe a vote for what should be held or a survey so u could compile who likes what type of topics  would be a farer way rather than just saying no more !                                                                                                                                                                               
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

well said WN Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

My opinion on things are:- Matt,,,,,you have asked the people who have left for reasons why,,,,,,,,,,but what about all (ALL) the people who are still loyal to your site and pay thier subs??????we are still here and dont always agree with things but stay here because we like the site as it is, always different, sometimes boring, sometimes great... Thats life I'm afraid,,cant please everyone all of the time..                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

I am in agreement with wheely, so well said wn, I also luv me bike but know nothing much about bikes and dont do bike racing, I like the mixture of threads, some bike related and some not. Also i have to agree sum of the slop that gets put on the threads does my head in, do we need to know who cooked who dinna or who left who's house. also im inagreement wiv those that say you wont be able to please every1, and although peeps have left the site, whicch happens all the time everywhere, ASK the peeps that stay as to why they stay.                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

First off we get posts or whole threads deleted when things get a little animated, now it's if the subject isn't 'acceptable' so who decides what's junk and what's of interest?? There's a real danger here of peeps using alternative social networking sites that are free if we end up paying for the privelege of being 'governed' Confused                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

To be fair, at no point did Matt state "no junk". Just more bike-related stuff & less junk.

It's always been a good mix & hopefully will stay that way. Strictly moderated single subject forums tend to die as the threads don't move fast enough and people can't be bothered to loiter on the boards and end up drifting away from the site completely.

As you rightly say Craig, you can never please all of the people all of the time.

& as Nuts says, why not post your own topic if there's nothing that interests you on the board. Simples Big smile

TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Thanks WB! Thumbs Up I was just going to suggest people re-read Matt's original request...   We can still have junk PLUS bike related stuff.   There was a long period when NO bike related stuff was being posted and Kwak must have been struggling to put stuff in her newsletter.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I think the issue is not perhaps the topics themselves, but rather that a topic regardless of how serious it may be can often be over-run by relatively pointless single line posts.   Just my opinion.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Right on Geoff! Thumbs Up

*legs it ------->*

RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Like this one Geoff? Wink

It's not really possible to stop that tho is it?

geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Yes.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

lol^^^                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

I think Geoff's hit the nail on the head. It's the jokey acronym-rich one liners which contribute little or nothing to the topic that are the main issue. Apart from the very odd occasion, I can't be accused of doing that.

As others have already commented, if there's nothing of interest in the threads, ignore them and wait for something of greater interest to appear or start your own. There's generally something of interest, though and I fail to understand why people should choose to leave the site over it.

I am concerned that we should not be too strictly moderated or people will leave the site. Like RustyKnight, I have no wish to pay for the dubious privilege of being 'governed'.

WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

aye !                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Main thing is you cant please all of the people all of the time and opinions vary on amy subject.  If we all liked exactly the same thing it would prove to be a very boring life IMO                                                                                                                                                                              
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

i have been on this site since July  but only subscribed  at the beginning of this month.I love the  daft threads  on here  they  make me laugh  after  some very trying days  at work, I also like the serious topics  and technical ones too...... I think it's working well, if a thread doesn't interest you.... don't read it....just my humble opinion..OK Anne  it's  late get  off to bed  ..... me gone....  
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

Mat don't you think you may have brought some of this on  your self by starting the karma thing, i think some people just waffle on to up there rating. I know i have                                                                                                                                                                                                        
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

But that doesn't work. The best way to up your karma rating is to post new topics in the biking news forum Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

Your right Wannabe but don't you think some of the topics are just waffle, just posting things to get more points                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

who give a f##k about the karma thing                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 916 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption