Yamaha XJR 1300

43 Posts | Latest reply on 29/10/2009 22:58:01 by WheelyNealy | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm thinking of switching my bike for one of these on an X plate from a dealer. Its up for £2995 with 23k miles so overpriced a bit but more room for negotiation! Anyone got any experience of the bike or advice?? Geek

Thanks

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Rusty try PRIVATE sales first, you'll get a better deal, as you probably know dealers always charge a lot more than private sellers.   This bike has a good write up in the UBG (July 2006 edition)                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Thanks kwak but i'm looking to part ex rather than have the hassle of selling. I'll look up the UBG online Thumbs Up

Seems no-one on here knows much about them Disapprove

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Get a Blackbird buddy....you will never look back, next time we meet up your more than welcome to take her for a spin.....thats the bike not LCAngrylmao                                                                                                                                                                             
maxnod's Profile
maxnod

In: Swanwick

I had an XJR 1300 until I part-exed it for my Max. A cracking bike !! Seems pricey though                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Been looking at the pro's and con's of the XJR, and Rustys found  a lot of cons, and less pro's on the web - maybe you could explain why it's a 'cracking bike' maxnod - all comments gratefully accepted.     I've found a web site called 'Visor Down' for model reviews and 'Bikez Motorcycle encyclopedia', again giving reviews and model/year comparisons.  Personally I think 'word of mouth' speaks volumes, so if anyones got a favourite 1000/1300 model suitable for touring, please post the model so he can have a look and get some more ideas.    Cheers, Nut x                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

The press never took a shine to it because it was outclassed by the CB1300 which in all honesty does the job just that little bit better and won't fall apart.   If you buy the Yam you won't be dissapointed, a cracking bike with big gobs of torque and a fair bit of road presence.   The CB1300 is however a better buy, its built better, the engine feels far more refined ( either a plus point or a minus depending how you like your engines) and it handles better as well.   Out of all the big nakeds the Honda will feel the most complete package. Given the choice I'd steer you towards a Speed Triple 1050 but the pilly seat is a bit of a joke and its more of a loony tune than the Yam or the Honda.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Well im with Ian on this one .....try out a blackbird and then the others as its a .......personal choice . You will both know which one feels right for you Big smile Have fun
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Hi Mark,  Terry fell for the CBR1000 Fireblade in orangy red last night (just over 17,000 miles), gorgeous bike, whats your opinion on this one ? Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
maxnod's Profile
maxnod

In: Swanwick

Just my opinion, but the Honda didn't 'do' it for me. Mind, I've got a V-Max now, so enuff said !! Go for it, bud, but get the price knocked  down !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Hey Jim, drooling over the CB1300 - looks pretty perfect for touring as well as normal ride outs - great choice  Thumbs Up   Plus points for touring are the generous seating, storage under the seat as well as luggage hooks.   I love the naked look of it and the tank looks pretty generously sized for fuel.   Leave it to the boss to check out the power etc as he knows what he's on about, I'm learning but looking at a review of it, she looks pretty good Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

You're quite right Jim, I reckon he's lose me on the first bend on that tidgy pilly seat on the 1050 LOL   checked out the 1050 and 1300 on prices and had heart failure, so thats me quiet for the night !!Wacko                                                                                                                                                                              
punkdude's Profile
punkdude

In: hastings

Rusty try ZXR 1200 handles better than XJR and the small fairing will  help if you are touring and still got the big retro muscle bike look                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Nice one Kev - I like Thumbs Up  generous seating again, could go miles on that one
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Thanks for the ideas folks and PD i've never seen a ZXR until now, might be onto a winner there, lovely bike Thumbs Up

Think i've narrowed choices to XJR, CB, Blackbird or ZXR, time for test rides and shopping me thinks.

Thanks for your offer Ian but by the time I get down your way the weather will have turned and you've seen my whimp in winter post! LOL

Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

looks like Sundays going to be busy Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Sunday Thumbs Up

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

OK, so I know I pointed out that I know naff all about bikes but I'm shoving in my tuppenceworth anyway Wink

Correct me if I'm wrong Rusty, but you've returned to biking after a long break and haven't held a full licence for too long?

That being the case, personally, I'd rule out the Blackbird. All you have to do is see Ian and Mick's posts about how you've always got to keep an eye on the speedo, cos you just don't realise how fast it takes you. I've sat on the back of one at 140mph 70mph, Officer, and it felt like half the speed.

I'm all for walking before you start trying to run, myself Wink Just a thought.

RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Thanks for the concern Lou but I've had a full license for 25 years lol. I rode big bikes years ago and top speed is something you control with your right hand. My car is silent at 130 but I rarely drive at that speed so just cos a bikes capable doesn't mean I am EmbarrassedWink

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Just remember that big bikes have come a long way in those 25 years Wink

Sorry for my misunderstanding though - I've got a memory like a thing with holes in it... I could've sworn you'd recently got a full licence *hangs head in shame* EmbarrassedLOL

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 672 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption