fork rechomeing

13 Posts | Latest reply on 21/11/2009 17:28:04 by WheelyNealy | Go to original / last post
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

has any body had this done is it any good  who would you recomend ?  Yorkie needs your help !                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkshireman91's Profile
yorkshireman91

In: Bridlington

Cheers WN Ive got some pitted forksi can either get them rechromed for £125 or i can get some brand new 1s, with oil and seals (which ive already got), for £160+vat but are the new 1s worth the extra money?????????????????????

Paj1369's Profile
Paj1369

In: Pickering (York)
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Don't think about the re-chroming, some places are hopeless at it, and still charge a fortune! Go for the new ones and everything will be nice and undamaged, then stick the seals and oil on e-bay and get a bit of wonga back.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
76% Karma76% Karma 76% Karma76% Karma

I'd go with Paj...you need a good recommendation for a rechromer, and the extra £50 or so for new ones may prove to be money well spent.                                                                                                                                                                             
rocket rider's Profile
rocket rider

In: warrington

stick with the new ones......£35 difference isn't a lot to pay for peice of mind.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
99% Karma99% Karma 99% Karma99% Karma

I buy lots of stuff second hand and repair things but allways check the price of new first. Buy the new ones and save the other bits as spares                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkshireman91's Profile
yorkshireman91

thaks every 1 i was just about ot take your advice and get some new 1s i phoned Lm spares and the said they've none in stock and the wont back order and theres nothing they can do to help me why've they advertised the forks i need on there website i have no idea but thats a whole other story. any way the quest continues. does anybody know of a web site or company that could help me?
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Go for re chroming lol polish the lowers, the guy I buy my stuff off is pretty decent he can usually do original stuff cheaper than main dealers PM me if you want his contact details                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

bemp!                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

just google ABE: All Bike Engineering.   Been going for years,offer a rechroming service as well as make fork sanchions, brake discs etc.   Quite often used by magazines doing restorations.                                                                                                                                                                             
street bob 64's Profile
street bob 64

In: ipswich
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

if your still looking to get forks done try am philpotts they've done a couple of my sets of forks for me tel no 01582 571234 last time i used them was a couple of yrs ago so check they r still going                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkshireman91's Profile
yorkshireman91

cheers every 1 got forks done now thanks for your advise and help Thumbs Up if any one else has this problem feel free to use this thread Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

hay up yorkie hows them forks doing ? take it they dont leak any more then ! another job jobed Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 563 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption