Good Deed for the day

16 Posts | Latest reply on 07/10/2009 21:52:45 by micksaway | Go to original / last post
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I was on my way to my mates house in the rain. At a roundabout I noticed a gallon oil container lying in road. I pulled over and noticed that wheel arch was soaked in oil. I turned back and Luckily it was close to police station and one of there cars was just coming round the same roundabout. As he didnt notice the oil covering the road I flagged him down and pointed it out.   Hopefully preventing a fellow bike rider from what could have been serious accident.                                                                                                                                                                               
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Mick u r a gentleman and a scholar                                                                                                                                                                              
UKHarleyRider's Profile
UKHarleyRider

In: manchester
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

well done Mick myself and sumo was in a situation with an oil spill it went on for about 13 miles i was sliding all over, it was that bad u could smell it...                                                                                                                                                                              
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

Biker and a bum more like Think riding a bike makes you more vigilent when driving                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Hey. . lets start an awards ceremony!   Well done Mick. . you get the first trophy . . and its a big one when you think of the possible outcomes.   Can I get a small badge please for washing 30 painting shirts from school?????                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

thumbs up Mick , bike or car could've had serious problems on that.                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

micks you're assuming the copper did something about it then, did he cone it off ready for cleaning etc or wait till you were out of sight and clear off I wonder?

Last year I followed a volvo from Durham to Scotch Corner who was swerving all over the road at over 90 and looked like he was gonna kill someone. I dialled 999 at Durham and talked to the police for 20 minutes describing where he was and what he was doing but unfortunately didn't see hide nor hair of a cop car over a 20 mile stretch so I gave up and went home! Hopefully noone suffered his madness further down the A1!!
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Saw the same thing a few years back Rusty the guy eventually went off the road , had a kid with him in the car i stopped took his key's and when i handed them in at the cop station was told I'D committed a crime by taking his f'ing key's !! not in the UK though.
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

RK I went past hour and half later cop car sitting on oil spill with blues on and signs and cones out.   Sign and cones would have been enough. Will be on road tomorrow so will see how well it was cleaned up                                                                                                                                                                             
Throttle Jockey's Profile
Throttle Jockey

In: Loughborough

The firebrigade will of been called to clean the mess up. My cousin is a firefighter (or what ever they are now called) and he has been to a fair few deisel spills on roundabouts to clean them up.   Prevension is better than scrapeing some one up off the road.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

silly job for a fireman really, cant those highways agency muppets do jobs like that?                                                                                                                                                                               
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

They  do get called in the first place seb in worcestershire anyhow... depends on the size of the spill as to whether the Fire brigade is called out.                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Mick it sounds like you stumbled on a decent copper Thumbs Up

exc thats crazy but it does actually sound like something that could happen in the UK, nowt surprises me in this country!

seb I think those muppets are spot on lol. I had an accident 3 years back and one of them even translated the polish trucker for me LOL

bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

The motorway muppets would close the road, cone of the county then see if they had a mop in the car big enough. They would end up getting the fire brigade out anyway cus it's the wrong kind of diesel.Big smile I called em motorway muppets in their office at quinton once. It didn't go down very well.Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

You can't say that blues!! Shocked

I found them really helpfull and they didn't spend the first 5 minutes checking me tax disk and tyre tread like the plod do for a change Thumbs Up

micksaway's Profile
micksaway

I use lot of hydraulic oil at work if we get a spill a bag of spillsorb and a brush sorts it in a couple of mins.                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 1355 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption