BikerMatch - Social site or Dating Site?

135 Posts | Latest reply on 06/10/2009 11:02:03 by cissystar650 | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Discuss....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

when you google it teecee it comes up as biker match dating social etc so its both                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Fair enough - topic closed.   Next question...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i am sure peeps will have more to say...well its eventually worked for me...so i think its great !!!!!!!!!! like frosties.....                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

lol     you can only show the cart to the horse   lol                                                                                                                                                                               
kaw600's Profile
kaw600

In: Doncaster

met some nice peeps and fillys on this site i think its just steady away frends, biker budys,then who nows                                                                                                                                                                             
Backstreethero's Profile
Backstreethero

In: Gateshead

Can only speak for myself, met my woman at 1st bm meet I went to! Worked for me!                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

wen i 1st joined i woz lookin 4 dates, i did go out wiv a fella off here but it didnt work out. For me now, personally i use the site as a social site. I have made many very good freinds and have been to lots of different places and events that I wouldnt of been to if i hadnt of found and joined BM. If I meet a fella on the way i do, if i dont..............i dont                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

Think its a great site to meet new people and make friends , if folk find partners along the way good luck to them                                                                                                                                                                               
diamondsabre's Profile
diamondsabre

In: kent

i guess its all aboot what you want to get out of this here site! it is a great site to meet new people and make new friends and like BJ says, if you meet someone special along the way then good luck.  But of course you have to remember that if you change your status to "attached" i believe you still have to expect to recieve nods or PMs regardless because of the social nature of whats being created here! and of course not everyone understands that being attached means "I'm not interested" some people may interperate what they read to suit their own purpose!    depending on IQ level!!!   Wacko  That being said, of course you are not forced in any way to respond to any unwanted pm and indeed the block is there for a reason should you so need it!   i love the social side myself, and of course meeting up at group events is essential!Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Believe me this site works very well on both levels. I joined for the social aspect and I've made many brilliant new friends in the last three years.  As an added bonus I met Cassie through this site (nearly two years ago to the day) and found a true soul mate.   Nuff said. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

I joined for the social element....and if I found someone then that would be the icing on the cake..I have met lots of lovely people over the last couple of years and attended some great meets events etc...

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

TeeCee the site started out as a dating site, sister site to Bike Chat, and took off quicker than Bike Chat, then it developed, by the members, into a social site as well.   I'm curious as to why you asked the question?                                                                                                                                                                               
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Ian had a little rant about LC receiving nods when she was attached and I was trying to calm him down by explaining that a nod can just be a friendly hello and not necessarily a chat up line. Rather than discuss this in the Random Rant thread I thought I would start a new one so we could all have a chat about it.   If it turned out to be a predominantly dating site then I had better not be on here! Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL TeeCee I think you can safely say it aint predominantly a dating site, not anymore.   If you wanted to discuss nods why did you give it the title it has? Confused   As for the nod I wish it was deleted from the site cos it causes a lot of confusion. Matt refuses to delete it.   It was more confusing when it was a wink, and I still can't work out why I was ignored when I responded to a wink. What was the point of sending a wink? I (wrongly) assumed it meant the sender fancied me.   I don't respond to nods on here at all.   If folk want to let someone know they like them, perhaps want to meet / date them, then cough up the small amount of membership fee and send them a ruddy private message!!! saves confusing them or them being ignored/embarrassed cos they got the wrong impression.   I think of the nod on here same as a nod when out riding, but on here I can't see the point of it.   Just my opinion   It surprises me how many bikers don't nod in return, when out riding.                                                                                                                                                                                 
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

The nod/wink thing has been discussed in other threads ad nauseam - I wanted to concentrate on another part of the conversation we had about this being a dating site.   Right from the start I joined this as being a social site and have never looked for anything else. My status has always been 'looking for nobody' or 'attached' and I still get nods from male and female members and just take it as an introduction and not as someone hitting on me.     By the way, when people don't return my nod/salute when out riding I assume that they are a) unobservant b) not competent enough to move their hand from their handlebar or alter the angle of their head without falling off c) they have small penises or d) all of the above. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Ian had a little rant about LC receiving nods when she was attached and I was trying to calm him down by explaining that a nod can just be a friendly hello and not necessarily a chat up line. Rather than discuss this in the Random Rant thread I thought I would start a new one so we could all have a chat about it.   Your comment above is why I asked why the title.   Your comment below confuses me more lol   The nod/wink thing has been discussed in other threads ad nauseam - I wanted to concentrate on another part of the conversation we had about this being a dating site.                                                                                                                                                                               
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

O...k..... did you read the Random Rant thread?   (it is way too late/early to be doing this... Wacko)   Members trying to placate Ian by saying that a nod can just be someone saying hello..... Ian saying that this is a dating site too and nods can be taken either way.... just wanted people's views on whether they regarded this as a dating site or a social site (or both)...   Any clearer? Can I go to bed now? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Yes   (you're right)     I know   Yes   Yes, I'm not stopping ya   LOL   Sleep well TeeCee Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

When I first found this site, I assumed it was a dating site, until I saw the forums. At that time, it suited me (and still does) as I was not and am not looking for a 'partner' right now. I have, through this site connected with a few people, both male and female, who I would now call my friends, and for that I am grateful and don't care if it is a dating site or a social one.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 1529 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption