Mmmmmm Leather )

16 Posts | Latest reply on 29/09/2009 21:59:29 by Throttle Jockey | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok folks I'm after some leathers and have seen some cool retro looking Halvarssons which are very reasonably priced.

My only question is that as theyre goat skin, is this as durable as cow hide?  does it offer the same protection?

Also ive not heard of this company before, anyone got any experience with garments from Halvarssons?

Ive been looking at this jacket: http://www.jofama.se/motorcycle_wear/product_details.php?lang=2&id=26&cid=3 @ £179
and these trousers: http://www.jofama.se/motorcycle_wear/product_details.php?lang=2&id=28&cid=7 @ £124

Advice please girls and boys!!! always much appreciated :)

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

My vote is .............. i dont care its leather :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

is that goats or scrotes......ewwwwwwwww                                                                                                                                                                             
dave23's Profile
dave23

In: Cardiff

Nice to see that you can rely on mates for constructive adviceLOL   I can be of even less help, never warn leathers.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

a lot of bloody use you lot are!                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Just been looking on Google and goat skin is evidently softer and stronger then cowhide leather, so going on this I'd go for it, you can always add your own armour if needed Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks nutkin!  I suppose I should have had the intelligence to google myself but nevermind!!! :)

I think ill go for it then but it takes over a week as they have to order from Sweden :(

I wanted it for MCN too!!!!!!!!

Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

First thing I do if I don't know something Thumbs Up Hope you get it in time too Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

I have to agree wiv bj on this one, leather.........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

goat skin lighter stronger than cow but comes with hairy chin peace ! kangaroo surpose to be the best but very expensive I'm sticking to the heard go moo!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ooooh kangaroo!!! does that mean you bounce when you fall off?                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

thats right you just Hop right back joey                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

sharkskin is waterproof??lol                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Dont tend to ride underwater. Well only during British summertime                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

when it comes to looking at leather for protection, you are looking at it's resistance to abrasion. Impact resistance is provided by the amour that is fitted after. If the worst happens and you come off your bike you want to slide for as long as possible, NOT tumble.   As for my leathers, the trousers and jacket are good old mooskin and my gloves are skippyskin. Kangaroo skin is very soft and nice indeed.                                                                                                                                                                             
Throttle Jockey's Profile
Throttle Jockey

In: Loughborough

I bought some Carrera leathers about 2 or 3 years ago and got talking to the guy who makes them. He says that Kangaroo hide is alot stronger than the milkin type but generates a lot more heat when your skidding down the road on ones bottom - anyone been unfortunate to of tested this theaory and would like to comment??????

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7813 seconds. There are 773 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption