Let me see if I've got this right...

23 Posts | Latest reply on 11/10/2009 21:12:33 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

So, a nod's as good as a wink.  Sometimes…

I can nod if I'm interested, and I can nod if I'm just curious.  So if I nod and get a reply it'll be down to PMs to work out who means what.

Right, I think I've got that.  (This is going to be a disaster…)

Another curiosity, if someone checks out my profile then naturally I'll check out theirs, but I've had one person check out my profile a couple of times and when I've gone to check theirs I get a message telling me that member doesn't exist or doesn't have a profile or their profile's disabled!

I suppose maybe they are active members but want to stay hidden, in which case why disable their profile but not disable logging?  Confused

I'm not a complete idiot
(bits of me are missing)

Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

This has come up time and time before with several members raising exactly the same point as you.   It's believed that some members don't realise they've disabled their profile so one member suggested PMing them to say, thanks for looking at mine, can you enable yours so I can do the same.   If you type the person's username into the PM box, you can still PM them.   Hope that helps!                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Yeah Dave , Roachy's right about pm'ing them for a response , however i just ignore when it happens cos i believe they're only curious and don't want any contact . imo                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Dave - maybe they checked out your profile, were so shocked by what they saw that they cancelled/disabled their profile before running down the street screaming...

Just a thought...

*shrugs shoulders*                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

You'll also find that if your logged out you can view profiles without them knowing.Cool So maybe you've had hundreds view you. you just don't know. I think thats wot happens to mine. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

Dave I don't respond to a nod cos most times when I have done I've been ignored by the sender. I've been here 3 yrs and I still can't work that one out. Confused There are as many reasons for sending a nod as there are senders.   I'd like to think that I was worth a PM (private message) and that I'm not so intimadating/ugly that folk daren't send one.   Waiting for my 'significant other' to find me, thinking of hoisting my undercrackers to a flag pole so that he will find me. Shocked LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

TC pretty sure that happens to mine all the time, should i change my pic do you think lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks folks for making that clearer/muddier/scarier!  LOL

TeeCee - I think you've hit the nail on the head!  Clown

WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Oh ! I've been nodding at people so much I've got sore neck                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

You been head-banging to Metallica again WN ?!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Got me susted Nutters lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Roaring Ruby's Profile
Roaring Ruby

In: Cardiff

This is a relatively New development ,,,,,But do u know that on this site we have Nids ,,,as well as Nods.......Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

oh no, not another member who requires my help with spellings......   WN, its 's u s s e d', TA tells you so...Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

Nod.....well I have been a member now for 2yrs...it used to be a wink..meaning you was interested in that particular person..then you waited for a reply or contacted them by pm...

Now it is a nod it is difficult to tell...but I take it as a friendly nod as out riding on my bike when you nod to another biker...just a friendly acknowledgement of one another..I no longer take it as someone is interested...it is only when someone pm's me that I take it they are interested in me...

Us older members pm each other as a way of communicating saving our landline or mobile telephone bills...it is also a way of saying things out of the public domaine...and lastly it is a nice medium to communicate to the lovely friends I have made on here supporting each other along our way in life....

Oh yes..that disabled profile point..I do not like that...I agree with Kwak and others these people might not be aware they are disabling their profile..to me personally I think they are lurking..and there must be something odd about them if they cannot be honest and upfront about stuff..

Sorry just my opinion...
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

I send you all a BIG FAT NID lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

were all odd on here anyway BC !!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

he he you speak for yourself Ian............told you that before!  some of us are just a little nuts pmsl!!!Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

BH i wud rather use th expression unique Tongue                                                                                                                                                                              
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

HI DTDM Welcome to the site, I have to agree with BC that a nod or nid is just an act of biker friendship as for the missing profiles I dont get many looking at me so never experienced a misper as yet.  One thing I have noticed is that if you check out someones profile and then look at their pics and press to go back to their profile it shows as two looks even though its in the same session of looking . It doest mean that some one has gone and returned again to have another nose at ya, so dont get too excited. Anyhow I have met some great people on here and know you will too. Moon .                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Thanks Moon you say the nicest things LOL

See you Friday first drinks on Lime (but dont tell him i said so)

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 1468 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption