Great biking roads you love.......

29 Posts | Latest reply on 30/09/2009 07:52:34 by Nutkin68 | Go to original / last post
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just thinking about my favourite straights, roads, bends etc that you all know and love, and would like to share so we can experience them. Personally I love Scotland - great roads, scenery, its magic there - and I love the straight leading up to Brid, as a bit of a speed freak its great to gain speed and just go for it.    What do you lot think ?
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Have to disagree, Nuts!   The roads in Scotland are rubbish!!   Speedbumps every 10 metres, 'safety' cameras everywhere, police worse than the Welsh ones, slippery fish juice on corners, elephants unexpectedly jumping out at you on the straights... Best you all steer clear of here! Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Have they still not fenced in all those elephants up there - sure sounds a dangerous place to go - think I'll steer clear.       PMSL @ TC! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

The road between Gisburn and Long Preston...its only short but brilliant(providing you dont get stuck behind a wagon or tractor). I love the A59 as well, probably boring for most of you but i like the wide sweeping bends and straights that you can see for miles down Thumbs Up ETA - went down one near Mallory Park not so long ago...the A444 or summat like that....that was pretty cool too                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

The passes in the swiss alps are pretty damn awesome :)                                                                                                                                                                              
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Seb, i'm surprised you didn't mention A44 out to aberystwyth. I lived in worcester and malvern for about 7 years. Stoppin at crossgates for a cuppa. Any direction from crossgates is good. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

LOL @ TeeCee !!   Love the sound of the A59 Steph with the bends and straights, may have to look that one up Thumbs Up   As for superseb's, thats just going to have to be a dream for several years, sounds amazing Thumbs Up   cheers for the info too BluesThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Nutkin if you like straights the bransburton bye pass is better between hull and Brid ! too many old foggies near brid but i like the senic rd from brid to sledmere and fimber on way to york dips drops rises and turns if a littel bumpyOuch                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Stokesley to Helmsley, loads of long open straights, steep cliffs, forests, tight and sweeping bends, cow sh*t, tractors, barbed wire and dry stone walls, perfect for speed. I nearly got into 3rd gear once! ShockedLOL                                                                                                                                                                              
mykul55's Profile
mykul55

In: Sileby, loughbor

A483 from crossgates to Newtown, 22 miles of bends, just done it today. Loved it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yep the A444 is a noce one DC, Mallory Park is 5 mins from my house....so we frequent the 444 regulally                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Any Road that stays under your tires! lol Ohhh have to come up with a new topic to celibrate my 1000th post!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

I know Bransburton bypass really well, lived out that way in Brough previously, and have to agree with you WN Thumbs Up   Love it out near Helmsley too RK, never been from Stokesley tho....                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

The A147 in Lincs has some great switch backs, curves and hills, makes me stomach flip ....... excellent Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

N623 Burgos to Santander. Try it!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

So many I could never be able to list them all..                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The M25 in the rush hour!   (er...p'haps not)LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

Mine the road over Hardknott pass this week, next week it will be the road between Mablethorpe and Skegness but most of all i like the Alps                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

BB the road from Mablethorpe to Skeggie can be gud fun for overtaking if u know what i mean lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Here is a good one part of Trough of Bowland, and editied to our favorite tune. Its my man, riding the bike by the way, lol. Tongue     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIz6P3WaeIY                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9531 seconds. There are 825 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption