Lakes Sunday 27th

61 Posts | Latest reply on 29/09/2009 23:59:29 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've decided to duck out. It's a bit far for me esp with it dropping colder plus it being on a Sunday. My knees just won't cope. Would like to do the Lakes but I think it will have to wait til next year now.   If you weren't going at stupid o'clock, I might have gone as far as the Bridge but there tends to be only one 7 o'clock in my day at a weekend!   Have fun and be safe.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Why wont yr knees cope on a Sunday - is it their day off?LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Have a good one everyone, we wont be there as our time for our holiday to Egypt will finally have arrived (it seems so long since we booked it) !!Thumbs Up   Stay safe & keep it upright                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

You daft bugger XK! They don't like the cold, whatever day it is, esp on a bike.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

you're very young to have dodgy knees,? will they get better??                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yours seem ok LC !!!!!!!!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

you're very young to have dodgy knees,? will they get better??   I was 16 when I ripped ligaments in my left knee and 18 when it was operated on which resulted in losing full use of the knee. I then spent almost 15 years using stairs one at a time, unable to kneel, squat, run etc.   Losing weight reduced the overall strain but it's been biking that has built up the muscles surrounding the knee and strengthened the leg generally (which is still much thinner than the right due to years of under use and muscle wastage). I still can't kneel, squat properly or run but can use stairs normally.   The right knee used to suffer the same dislocations but I never ripped the ligaments like I did in the left and after the poor result from surgery on the left knee, I refused it on the right. I now suffer from osteoarthritis which results in crepitus and pain in both knees, esp in the cold or cramped conditions. Riding (esp pillion) for long distances can be very painful due to my knee armour putting pressure on my left knee in particular.   It’s a lot better than it used to be but I think this is probably as good as it’s going to get and I can look forward to further problems in future as I get older. Unhappy   For now though, I'm just grateful that they've improved enough for me to ride a bike and in turn, riding that bike has improved my knees and overall strength and fitness. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

Sorry to hear that Roachy.   Have you tried different armour?  Not sure what you wear or if you already know but Hein gericke do a very flexible armour that is thin but effective.   Anyway,  everyone, we all still up for 9.30 tomorrow??                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

I'm wearing Hein Gericke trousers already. The armour is quite thick though and not very flexible, I'll take a look at what else they have. Something hinged may suit me better that cups the knee better.   Hope you all have a great time tomorrow though. Should be decent weather.                                                                                                                                                                              
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

Aha!!!   (sorry - overreaction there...)   I was talking about the comfort armour.  I can't feel it there it is so flexible.  The energy absorption is really good too.  It might fit your pants.  They can be fitted in pockets or with "snap" connectors.  You can search on their online virtual catalogue for a nosey.   We will have a good time thanks.  Blade Pilot has just offered to buy all the burgers!!!  Cheers mate!!   (of course, he hasn't.. I am just being silly. Not like me)                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Oooh, is it breaky at the Bridge - bacon and sausage sammich for me please, with a cup of milky tea followed by an ice cream...is it too early to have ice cream?   Oh bugger, I'm not going am I?!                                                                                                                                                                              
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

It is never too early for ice cream!!!   (Some people may get the impression I am greedy.  I think it entirely appropriate to clear up matters and state clearly and categorically that this is completely with foundation)                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

hi ride still on, my com. gone down, still 9.30 at Devels Bridge, blade pilot and xklybr have my phone nu.   Bill                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

maybe next time for us, LC suffers a bit on the blackbird, we have to stop for tea breaks every hour or so, but its fine with me as long as theres a bacon butty involved too !!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Paj1369's Profile
Paj1369

In: Pickering (York)
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Half nine's a bit early for ice cream, there's plenty of places to have some of that stuff later on. Weathers looking good for it, but it'll bring a few terrorists/Micra's out too. If anyone else from the east side wants to tag along, the meet is at Bedale traffic lights at 8. Bedale and back following the planned route will be about 120 to 150 miles (ish).
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi all just back in from a cracking day out Big smile , now looking forward to the morning rideout meet you all at Newby Bridge @ 10 15  So you will all have to buy your own Bacon Butties LOL....... but i will buy the ice creams later Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Fine i'll buy me own ice cream then shall i Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

now theres a memory.... Newby Bridge, always used to pass it heading towards Hawkshead, gorgeous place to meet you lucky peeps - and Mark, I envy you living in my fave area - Barrows gorgeous, have fun tomorrow                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

The keen of eye will have noticed there was an offer to buy ice creams by a certain member.

How about a little fun quiz??

Can you guess what happened???

Was it:

A. We were lovingly furnished with a plentiful supply of various and delicious flavoured ice creams, made with fresh that day dairy products (burp) with no thought to the expense?

B. Did some of us get a defrosted Magnum from a service station?

Or,,,

C. Nobody got anything resembling either ice or indeed cream, let alone an ice cream?
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Hmmm...well I'm guessing it wasn't A!   I almost got an ice-cream at Brymor Farm near Masham but I was all ice-creamed out after my milkshake in Kettlewell.   Remember the milkshake DC? Yummy!                                                                                                                                                                                

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9219 seconds. There are 1123 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption