Wales it is

14 Posts | Latest reply on 27/09/2009 16:04:27 by mykul55 | Go to original / last post
mykul55's Profile
mykul55

In: Sileby, loughbor
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Any help would be appreciated, decided to ride out to wales tomorrow as sun is out. I am heading for snowdon, does anyone have any good roads i could use. Promise not to speed Mr welsh police officer ;)
Short notice i know but you dont get if you dont ask.
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

While there are police in Wales, there are no good roads.                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

Take the A55 heading towards Anglesey and then the A470 (I think) from Colwyn to Betws-Y-Coed.From there you have the A5 and the minor roads,all good and smooth with no sudden surprises like manhole covers in the middle of the road mostly within the bounds (or at least in the environs) of Snowdonia national park.Enjoy yourself and be sensible about it and you shouldn't have any problems with the local constabulary,I never have.
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

Actually,a more direct route from Loughborough would be heading towards Oswestry (I think junction 15 M6) and picking up the A5 from there                                                                                                                                                                             
napoleon's Profile
napoleon

In: wirral

from machynlleth, take a489 heading east. turn right onto a470to llanbrynmair. turn rightonto b4518 through rhayder to elan valley reservoirs. there is a good visitor centre there.good for lunch. take a trip around reservoirs and head north west on single track towards a4120 and devils bridge. hope you enjoy it. you might even want to do it all again.
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

Llyn Brenig visitor centre is worth a visit. B4501 north from Cerrgydrudion and follow the signs. Backtrack a bit and take the B5105 to Ruthin for some fun bends. Don't overcook it cos the run-out is dry stone walls, though, Dai the tractor is know to leave mud on the road and it's a fave route for the plod on Bikesafe runs.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

go through the tunnels at conwy......if you have loud pipes....i guarantee you go through more than once !!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy                                                                                                                                                                             
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford

I'd add the A498 from capel curig to tremadog, tho watch out for tourists & buses.

+1 to napolean for the A487, A470, I've not used the B4518 but I recall the A483 south from newtown having sweeper after sweeper.

geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Oooh, A483 Builth Wells to Newtown!  Bliss.   Loads and loads of great roads in Wales.  And don't worry too much about the Police, as long as you aren't going silly they won't bother you.   I've ridden for years in Wales and have never been bothered by the fuzz.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

thats cause your bald.....fuzz free..... i would also have a ride over Dinas..............stunning                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Well Mykul, I hope you're out there enjoying Wales and I'm sure we're all interested in knowing where you ended up.   I've only ridden in Wales twice, one as a pillion (very spirited ride, loved it) and last weekend on my own bike but both times I was stunned at how smooth the roads are and the scenery is just breathtaking.   I'm looking forward to seeing much more of Wales in the future, plus I'm a sucker for the accent and when I used to deliver opencast plant machinery parts I always found the Welsh people very friendly, contrary to the stereotype.                                                                                                                                                                              
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

I've got to agree Roachy,apart from a few exceptions the welsh people are really quite friendly and enjoy the banter and mickey taking.                                                                                                                                                                             
mykul55's Profile
mykul55

What a great day, but only managed 320 miles. Got as far as machynlleth, had planned napoleon's route along with njl's suggestion. would have been 450 miles but time was not on my side so headed home. As soon as we get the next nice weekend i will be off again to complete the full route. Pity there is no way of posting pics on the forum as got a couple of nice poto's.
mykul55's Profile
mykul55

Went back to wales for the weekend, finally got to ride up the A483 to Newtown. All i can say is this road is 22 miles of bends. Loved it!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5508 seconds. There are 313 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption