Private Plates on Bikes

49 Posts | Latest reply on 18/09/2009 22:44:21 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Like it Big smile

Used to be a yellow Mazda MX5 with ORG 45M I'd see around from time to time.

I remember being passed by a couple of Fireblades a few years back on the May Day run... one had "Bladestyle" on his numberplate and the other said... erm... can't remember. Something rude I think.

Don't know if they got through the day without being tugged though! LOL

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Oooops... Must type faster... My "like it" was directed at JW's T05SER Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

any size bike plate new kid if not the standard size is illegal no matter what....                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

I think there was a petition on the Government website calling to reduce the size of motorcycle number plates. They cited that the current plates were aesthetically too large for the motorbike and that current plate recognition cameras would still be able to read the smaller digits. I agree with both those points but I also agree with the argument most police officers use when stopping a bike for a small plate - if a member of your family was just run over by a motorcycle, wouldn't you like a fair crack at the whip of being able to read their plate so they could be identified?
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

My mate lives on the Isle Of Man He loves getting pulled by coppers on main land and told his Plate is illegal.                                                                                                                                                                               
Newkid's Profile
Newkid

In: Watford

Cheers for asking WB, yeah, I'm fine, settling in now. Number plate recognition, especially on speed averaging zones, is always done front facing, though I have seen the occasional cameras looking at the back, but very rare. Whats the fine if you are caught with dodgy plates?
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Have you seen the new camera van ? Takes front,back and side shots of your vehicle.The bike cops that pulled us explained it all to us.kindly pointed out that we all had smallish plates and race cans fitted then let us all go on our way. Proper policing if you ask me.Although they did point out that had we been speeding then the outcome would have been different.  Shocked  Good job we had been warned up the road by a lorry driver.  Thumbs Up They also said it was a fixed penalty £60 and 3 points.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

it is 3 points and 60 quid fine, in lincolnshire they would not let you off, the new mobile vans do have facing you cameras, then once you pass the vehicle there is a camera at the opposite end to get your plate, the un marked cars ( in leicestershire subarus and bmw 530's) have digital cameras/video surveilance and only need 0.25 of a mile to confirm your speed........so beware folks
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Good one Ian thanx for the car ID ..subs & 530's fast cars too! soon they'll be using 360degree revolving cameras ooops dont want to give em any ideas now lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i spoke to certain friend wont say too much, but the subarus and bmw's will stay with bikes to 160 mph !!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

the police here will also use local towns cctv cameras to catch you larking about on your bike if they have to to get a conviction if required                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

Personalised plates... each to their own really. If I had the money then I probably would too... but I don't so it's not an issue lol   One of my mates has a highly illegal number plate at the side of his bike, and when going through speed cameras can reach down and put his hand over it! (yep, its that small)...how he gets away with it, I will never know! Guarantee that the minute I change my plate for a likkle one, I would get stopped and done for it!                                                                                                                                                                              
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

I found it's cheaper to change your name by deed poll than it is to buy personalised plates so my name is now V377 UBD LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

the cypriot guy im workin for in brum has an 09 chrysler with a private number on says GAVLO. i asked him what that was all about and he said its greek for hard on and he put it on for when he parks outside the greek church                                                                                                                                                                              
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

PMSL I like that one Dun ...what a wicked sense of humour!                                                                                                                                                                              
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Does this mean you,ve found T959 SEB, and you,re pondering the purchase??                                                                                                                                                                             
nuttydriver's Profile
nuttydriver

In: Frome

I thought the small plates were legally fitted to bikes registered before they changed the rules and insisted we put car size plates on bikes                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

DVLA Rules for Motorcycle and Tricycle number plates All motorcycles and tricycles must display a number plate at the rear of the vehicle. Motorcycles and tricycles registered before 1st September 2001 may display a number plate at the front of the vehicle but are not required to. If you have a two or three wheeled motorcycle or tricycle that has a body type of a four-wheeled vehicle, you MUST display a number plate at the front and back of the vehicle. Motorcycles registered on or after 1st September 2001 must display a two-line number plate. Motorcycles registered before 1st September 2001 may display a three-line number plate.One-line number plates are illegal, regardless of the date of registration. Here are the character sizes: Character Height 64 mm Character Width (except the figure 1 or letter I) 44 mm Character stroke 10 mm Space between characters 10 mm Space between groups 30 mm Top, bottom, and side margins (minimum) 11 mm Space between vertical lines 13Geek                                                                                                                                                                              
kaw600's Profile
kaw600

In: Doncaster

iv got private plates on my bike was on when i got it didnt buy it for that but it dosent bother me  ether way each to ther own                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

you poser baz !!!!!!!!!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 1156 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption