Reclaim North Wales 13 Sep 2009

61 Posts | Latest reply on 21/09/2009 08:18:47 by excalibur | Go to original / last post
blind_clegg's Profile
blind_clegg

In: Northwich
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A campaign is being run by MCN :

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/reclaimwales

which seems to be a worthwhile thing to support and could also be an opportunity to meet some new friends.

Having, for my sins, been a policeman in the past, I find the actions of the North Wales Police to be disgusting and an insult to all free thinking people and support, wholeheartedly, the action to protest the repressive regime being operated by Brunston and North Wales Police.

I would love to go but, unfortunately, I had a seizure 9 months ago, which is, apparently, illegal - so my license has been suspended for a year (still 3 months to go :-(  ) but they did give me a Blue Badge for disabled parking, which allows me and my rider to park just about anywhere :->>

I am looking for a pillion to allow me to get there and help rid this country of oppression. To help out anybody who may think about the pillion, I'm on the way to North Wales for a lot of people - Northwich, Cheshire.

I hope somebody helps.

Regards
T

(Terry)
kaw600's Profile
kaw600

In: Doncaster

hope your back on your wheels soon terry good luck baz                                                                                                                                                                             
kaw600's Profile
kaw600

In: Doncaster

you havent put date terry                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

*ahem...gentle cough*

It's in the thread title! 12 noon at the Ponderosa. In events, too.

I just hope that the new chief constable is on a mood to press the reset button with the biking community. A public declaration from the top that bikers are welcome in North Wales would go down very well, even it was followed by an equally public declaration that the nuckin' futters will still be pulled and, where appropriate, charged.

blind_clegg's Profile
blind_clegg

I don't want to go political but ..."gentle cough".. ??!??

I remember reading about it... 1938.. Krystalnacht, where every one shrugged a shoulder..(Even today Wikipedia  refuses to have details) 100,000 - 200,000 dead.

Or

1964 in Mississippi .. where the whole of the State shrugged its  shoulders..only three dead.

What's that got to do with us? Not a problem...unless you're one of the three .. which is what this is about...

Sorry Wills, despite being a site moderator,. I have to say, if you haven't anything sensible to say, go away.

Oh. I remember!

Even though you hate the idea, you don't want the bad publicity that MCN can give to you. Shame.

Should have thought about that before putting foot in mouth.

Regards
T

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

I think you'll find that the "gentle cough" was directed at Kaw, to point out that you had in fact, included the date.

What's not "sensible" about what Wills has said anyway?

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me to have the police in N. Wales support and welcome bikers, but enforce the law where appropriate.
blind_clegg's Profile
blind_clegg

Wannabe,

You're absolutely right and I've sent a personal message to Wills apologising (God, I hate this Murkin spell checker!) for any offense.#

I've also asked him to remove my response...my only excuse is that, if you give the 'establishment' an inch they will take a mile

(See Kristalnacht, 1938 and Mississippi 1964..)

Regards
T

dougc's Profile
dougc

In: Aberdeenshire

I think the problem is they're stopping any bikers, not just where appropriate. There was a lad stopped in another forum I'm on for being 'under' the speed limit. He did kinda blow it though by getting pi**ed off with them and eventually got a fine for the spacings on his plate.... after they measured them with a tape... the daft bugger he should have kept his mouth shut! But the general feeling is the North Wales Police Force are currently stopping any biker and operating a policy which is one of discrimination and victimisation. I would be going if I could and hopefully it changes they're attitude towards, err, decent bikers.
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

Wannabe's right and Terry, don't worry, I haven't taken any offence. I'll probs be at Matlock on the saturday so therefore not at Ponderosa on Sunday, but I'll be with you in spirit.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

if you give the 'establishment' an inch they will take a mile

No argument there Terry - I just didn't see where Wills hadn't been sensible in his post or indeed, where he'd disagreed in any way, so cheers for your follow up. Appreciated and no harm done so no need to remove the original IMO Big smile

And yep - the situation as it stands is totally unacceptable Doug, but Wills was referring to what he'd like to see for the future in N. Wales, not the existing situation Big smile

As an aside, I too have been stopped for being under the speed limit... In a Ka... for "looking like I might have been going to speed" LOL I kid you not! One of the most bizarre tugs I've had in 24 years of driving. They could stop every one of us on the roads with that excuse at any time they pleased!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

This is nothing new in North Wales ! As a seventeen year old 30 odd years ago i was stopped 5 times in 6 days and asked to produce at the local station.It took me dad to explain nicely what he would do to the local copper if they didnt lay off me, before the harassment stopped.I have never to my knowledge caused anyone any problems in life but these arseholes are intent on stopping the likes of us to have the right to go where we please.It all started up again when that numb nuts Brunstone (however you spell his name)decided he was God ! Should spend some of their resources catching all the drug dealers around his patch instead of making statements that said bikers should be banned from the lake district as the noise spoilt his holiday.Two of my mates are ex N Wales police and both say that he is the laughing stock of the force.The new boy doesn`t have to try very hard to be better than him.Keep it up !! We need more of this type of thing to show that we will not be beaten. 
dougc's Profile
dougc

In: Aberdeenshire

Kinda got what Wills was referring to WB and I'm in total agreement, its a bonnie part of the country and would be nice to think you can ride there without the hassle!                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

having recently discovered the delights of North Wales,I can confirm it is indeed a "bonnie" part of the country as doug says! I agree with what wills says,tolerate the well behaved but nick the idiots who give the rest of us a bad name.   I had the same experience as you Jock back when I was a 16 year old yoblet on a moped,I couldnt go out of the door without being pulled by the local gendarmerie.It became a daily thing for me and my mates,I even got stopped on a pushbike once! The copper is retired now and still lives in Langley,I caught him a beauty a while back as he was waiting to cross the road and I drove through quite a large puddle in a borrowed works van Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Roachy and I may be going to this.  However, I have to say that I've never had a problem in North Wales!  Odd ain't it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As a regular rider in Wales, and having rarely seen any police, let alone be hassled by them, I think I'll give this one a miss. If anybody who is going plans to take a small detour to the Borders Classic Bike Show in Cleobury Mortimer (12th & 13th), PM me and I'll put the kettle on, as its just round the corner from me. The show that is, not the kettle!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If you have never been hassled by the police in N Wales then you are in the minority ! Or you dont ride fast enough,  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
blind_clegg's Profile
blind_clegg

I know this may seem 'off topic'  but it graphically shows what happens when you become apathetic about the use of power (remember: I used to be a Policeman and am aware how the abuse of power becomes 'the norm'):

A woman has been sent to prison, potentially for 40 (FORTY) lashes, for the heinous crime of ... wearing trousers! Despite the Sudanese Constitution allowing her to do precisely that.

And her comment?

"When I think of my trial, I pray that my daughters will never live in fear of these police... We will only be secure once the police protect us.."

Just think: every female member of Biker Match could receive 40 lashes for riding a bike...

Is it that far from North Wales? If North Wales Police are allowed to CRIMINALLY continue their misconduct in Public Office, its just on the horizon..

Regards
T

See:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8241894.stm
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Despite the Sudanese Constitution allowing her to do precisely that.

Oh... I'd missed that particular gem of information! Thanks T. I've already ranted elsewhere on here about this subject and this makes it even worse.

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Just to clarify, I only mentioned my Sudanese ramblings elsewhere, so that I didn't repeat myself and further hijack this thread.

Injustice such as this should always be highlighted and the profile of such cases raised into as many people's awareness as possible.

I came at the issue from a slightly different angle - one of gratitude for living in a free society - but you're spot on T - it's NOT a million miles from here and apathetic attitudes are very dangerous indeed.

As I said privately - keep 'em coming T - this country, and indeed the www, needs people like you Big smile

blind_clegg's Profile
blind_clegg

Hi people,

Before you lambaste me about my grammer/spelling or strange sayings - I've had two MASSIVE strokes which to make communication ... 'challenging'. .. I've tried my best but sometimes it doesn't work - a single email is 4 hours work for me, when it used to be 2 minutes....I'm not looking for sympathy, just a tiny bit of slack, now and then...

I first started studying the British Constitution ( ohh err... :-{...) in September 1969 ..Oh look 40 years.. (I know..what a pill@ck)

.. and I could tell you a lot of places the establishment have stolen a bit here, and bit there..

But let me tell you a different tale..

The legal system in the UK is all about 'wrongs' : crimes; traffic laws, torts; breach of contract; copyright; patents. There's thousands and thousands of them. What is worse is that  English (and, therefore Welsh) law requires that every person knows everything about the law. (Ignorance of the law is no excuse)

There a just a tiny few laws, less than 20,  that are about 'rights' and I, for one, am prepared to stand up, be counted, and man the barricades for each and every one of our pitiful few.

These include :

The right to freedom of peaceful assembly and to freedom of association with others in North Wales (or anywhere, such as the Bulldog Bash) (Article 11 Schedule 1, the Human Rights Act 1998). That means the government (and Police) would be acting illegally to disrupt this assembly, in any way.

The right NOT to be arrested, where a summons will do in North Wales (or anywhere else)  (Article 5, Schedule 1, the Human Rights Act 1998)  This means that, as you may see on the barricades, the expediency of arresting everybody for processing is illegal.   (Anybody that wants an expert witness, just give me a shout...God it p@sses people off...)

The right NOT to be subjected to inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment anywhere (Article 3, Schedule 1, the Human Rights Act, 1998) This is without qualification and completely negates any powers in the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (All) to do with looking into strange orifices.  Worse, it makes it illegal for any force to insist on the removal of living tissue from the body (inside cheeks is favorite - trust me, I've been there)

Remember, somebody wants your DNA, they can take it out of your piss. They don't like it? Drink it. Tough. Don't forget, I spent many, many years as a policeman in England & Wales (and remain, to this day, a constable) and other dominions. (which I'm happy to stay clear of  :-)

Just so you know where I fit,  I was arrested after a singular peaceful demonstration, on a jumped up charge and, boy, are they going to suffer..

Regards
T

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6992 seconds. There are 311 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption