Hells Angels claim millions in damages from Dutch state

44 Posts | Latest reply on 09/08/2009 21:49:31 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

A group of Hells Angels are claiming a total of EUR 2.2 million for damages sustained from prosecution by Dutch authorities. Amsterdam – A group of 24 Hells Angels are demanding EUR 2.2 million compensation from the Dutch state, the Public Proesecutor Service announced on Wednesday. In an Amsterdam court, the Angels said they sustained damage as a result of prosecution by the justice authorities. One claim for damages of nearly EUR 800,000 has been lodged by Harry S (surname withheld). S, aged 51, is a member of the Amsterdam chapter of the Angels and was held for two months until the public prosecutor had to order his release. His lawyer Bram Moszkowicz argued that the detention has harmed his client's chances of a job and said that, in that context, the demand of five times the annual income was "not excessive". The Public Prosecution Service, however, finds the demanded amount – which will have to come from the taxpayer – far too much. “You must ask yourself if these people must get compensation, when actually they are already coming out of it very well,” said Theo D'Anjou, press officer for the public prosecutor. The highest claim is from the lawyer of ‘Big’ Willem van B., the former president of the Amsterdam Hells Angels, whose claim is for over EUR one million. The public prosecutor tried for years to prosecute what it calls a criminal motorcyclists club but without success. The judge in the criminal court threw out the prosecutor's case against the Hells Angels when it was revealed that confidential talks between suspects and their lawyers had been taped and stored, which is in breach of the law.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'll bet on them winning their damages claims as well ! once again i say , if a person is guilty of an offence , nab him ! not his club.. team or the organization he might belong to . This is merely my opinion but mass punishment is normally restricted to one's army basics training days ..not civilian life 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Can someone explain what the HA are really about? I've heard conflicting reports/stories over the years, and am none the wiser.Confused     PS - wots the diff wiv their rivals?                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

I'm with XK on this one. Are they a group of bikers doing their own thing and living by tradition who deserve respect or a crazed gang of law breakers who should be locked up??

If you're a member of the HA it would be interesting to hear your views!
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

Hi XK & RK , i've been to plenty of events and rallies where the 81 have been present and have personally never seen them to be involved in bad behavior...one of my best biker buddies in SA gave me a 2009 Isle of Man 50th anniversary t-shirt as a going away gift (he only had the one) a couple of other guys i know run a unarmed combat training school all above board , i personally knew the president and his brother back in the seventies when they split and the Satans Saints evolved , the saints recently changing the mc name to Syndicate ..a lot of whom are my friends and can be seen on my one profile pic ...me in the red t-shirt..the Angels did more for charities in SA than a lot of the other biker groups i know of and i respect them for this , A friend of mines son was kidnapped and held captive by a Nigerian gang in JOBURG 15 yrs ago the Angels got his 16 yr old son back for him unharmed within 24 hrs ...not much help i know regarding your questions .
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Well they certainly sound like a very nice bunch of helpful gentlemen exc. Funny how appearances are deceiving! I remember as a small boy walking up to the HA leader in our town and asking if the bullets on his belt were real. He politely told me to go f*ck my mother. Do ya think he meant they were pretendy ones then? LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

having a good laff at RK lol...no i did'nt say they were gentleman deffo not , i would'nt try pi...ng on their either tho.lol                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

i meant to add in "boots" lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i personally would not comment what there about, all i know is just got back from the bulldog....had a cracking time, no trouble.....justhad on ha member snarl at me when i was drunk and i said how are ya brother...he replied i aint ya brother.....but i was covered in mud with shorts on wearing a black affro wig....so didnt really blame him................
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

you must have had a ball Ian , and i'm still in the dumps that i could'nt be there even though i prepaid..next time i hope.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I had a great time at the Bash too,Motorhead were awesome! I didn't know what the "81"meant and would have liked to have asked one of them, but didn't dare Pinch Also are "nomads " and "predators" part of HA??                                                                                                                                                                              
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

afaik nomads and predators arnt hells angels, if they are angels it will say so on their rockers. 8th letter of the alphabet =H  1st letter = A.              81 = HA                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Er no - 18 = AH Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

he said 81= HA,wots wrong wiv that?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i am lost                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The sly so & so just edited it! Sneaky - duns!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

read Dunans earlier post IanSmile

RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Dunans was right Ian 81=HA, XK thinks they're called Angels Hells LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

you can't edit wots already been posted can ya??Wacko                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes for a short while lc, you will see a edit prompt, click on it and you can edit your post                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2188 seconds. There are 867 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption