vanishing members

21 Posts | Latest reply on 31/07/2009 11:19:10 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
jonesie's Profile
jonesie

In: Bristol
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm curious as I've been to have a nosey at profiles of people who have sent nods only to find they don't exist.  Are these from people who have been kicked straight off the site or something?                                                                                                                                                                                
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I think some of them disable their profile and that's why we can't access them.   I had a nod and went to see who sent it and got the message that says they've either disabled it or haven't had it approved yet.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I have had a few of those too! just says they don't exist!Wacko                                                                                                                                                                              
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

One success this week, I received a nod from an "invisible" profile, I messaged back and got a reply, they hadn't realised their profile was hidden.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I can't see how it's  possible to not know, cos ya have to click on 'disable profile' to disable it Confused                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
74% Karma74% Karma 74% Karma74% Karma

Never underestimate the doziness of Mr and Ms Average.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

ROFL   and those of us who are 'blonde' Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                              
petervalk's Profile
petervalk

In: leic

wills you on about me again lol                                                                                                                                                                              
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

I was so busy last week I vanished up my own backside!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Was it entertaining? LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Hey Prof - numpty question here - how'd you manage to message someone who's got a disabled profile?

I've managed to do it before if they've posted on the forums, but can't see how else to do it.

I wonder if we lose quite a lot of new members who join, send a few nods and view a load of profiles then leave because "nobody" views their profile or nods back?

It seems to happen quite often that new members have disabled profiles. Is there a way to make the profile visible by default? Or are new profiles perhaps disabled until they've been checked by a mod?
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Just typed their handle in the message box Wannabe                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

LOLLOLLOL

Oh my life... I don't believe myself sometimes...

*takes self off to stand in the corner with the nice D hat on*

How flipping simple is that?! That's why you're the Prof & I'm just a Wannabe Embarrassed

excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Hi WB , welcome back! missed your input for a couple weeks , guessed you must've been busy preparing for events or something                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Cheers Billy :o)

Computer weirdness followed by cash flow crisis unfortunately... and that particular crisis has just taken a HUGE turn for the worse, thanks to Norwich Union's/Aviva's complete ineptitude.

TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

This so isn't the thread I thought it would be....   *cough*   Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

LOLlmao                                                                                                                                                                             
nitro70's Profile
nitro70

In: Huddersfield

Talking of disappearing members .. Has anyone besides me noticed that ianhg1971 has now left the site ?? By the comments made by him .. It looks like he`s been forced to leave by the pettiness of some members A good , witty member lost .. hope the people are happy now .. (you know who you are )                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Ian will be back , he's off somewhere recharging his batteries for a while but said he'll be back , no probs Nitro...think we all need a short break now or then .                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

profiles are ENABLED by default (i.e. as soon as you create one).  They are NOT disabled until approved, they are automatically enabled but are put into a queue pending moderation.  However, while in this queue they can still be viewed.   You can PM someone who has a disabled PROFILE if you just put their name into a New Message box, but you can't pm someone who has had their ACCOUNT disabled (My mods).  A disabled account means they wont be returning!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 725 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption