anybody had swineflu yet?

95 Posts | Latest reply on 10/10/2009 22:44:23 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

somebody must have or has anyone known someone close get it,keep hearing all about it but still havent come across one person with either 1st,2nd or 3rd hand experience.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

One of the staff at my daughter's school had it last week, but that's about all. Reckon it's only a matter of time, though...                                                                                                                                                                             
UKHarleyRider's Profile
UKHarleyRider

In: manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

speaking of epidemics us guys had better beware next year, and heres why...
2007 was the chinese yr of the chicken.

we had bird flu...

2008 was the yr of the horse.

we had equine flu, which stopped all horse racing in australia...

2009 the yr of the pig.

we HAVE swine flu...

2010 the yr of the cock.

think about it guys....
julie j's Profile
julie j

i had the sniffles on monday... didnt feel the urge to go play in the mud so prob was just a cold                                                                                                                                                                             
UKHarleyRider's Profile
UKHarleyRider

In: manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

i have a friend i talk to on another programe and she works in a nursing homeshe says they have 3 staff off at the moment, and she is in oxford so if it stays there good if not we will have next yr to look forward to, so lets see what gets thrown at us then..
I have also been told healthy people cant get swine flu not sure if there is any truth in it...
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

No one i know yet! - however we have all been given a box of tissues and hand gel in work today!!                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

yr of the cock ,so funny!! thank god i havent got one!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I'm having a pig of a day, does that count?                                                                                                                                                                             
Dragon13's Profile
Dragon13

In: Billingshurst

I know several people who "have" swine flu, personally I'm not convinced, and in view of the fact that it is a MILDER form of flu, I really can't see what all the fuss is about!Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

my daughter has bin poorly this wk n doc told her she has all the signs of swine flu n has put her on the pills 4 it. She has severere headaches, feels sick, has a temperature aches all ova n has a sore throat. Whether they being ova cautious or not I dont know. Also im glad i aint a man if its the yr of the cock next yr................LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

sorry to hear that drobess, did she get treated quickly and are her tablets working? my family live in cov and dont think they know anyone whose had it yet                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

she got treated quickly fanx julie, so hopefully she will av a speedy recovery, like i said tho they may just be being ova cautious but betta 2 be safe than sorry. I did say 2 her that i wouldnt worry unless she started going round on all 4's and squealing like a pig thoLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

lol, so was she told to stay at home for a certain amount of time after recovery so she didnt spread it around?                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

freinds mother has it she said dont tell anyone!!! like it is a STD!few cases around! in light of this people still ruddy coughing over me!!bstds, nearly had a punch up with some jerlk over it!! remember the old advert coughs an sneezes spread diseases catch em in a handkerchief!!? jus common courtesy, mostly blokes to lazy to even put a hand over there gobs!hanky whats that?jus cough an spit on the pavement bstds! and drobess that sounds deffo like flu!! 
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I know how you feel Tangoman I had a sniffley child sneeze all over my elbow at the Blues festival on Saturday I had to queue for ages just to get to the sink in the ladies and then wash my elbow!  You can imagine the looks i was getting.                                                                                                                                                                              
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

ill just work it off if i get it like i do with everything else.cant see it being a big deal tbh                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I'm loving FG's response.... "We have all been given a box of tissues and hand gel in work today!!"   I know a guy who got sacked for taking said items to the toilet lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

We've just had our first case at work today, some people have now gone out and bought face masks !!   (mite just get 1 to give plp a rest from lookin at this weird face)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

dont even hear about it here.  Nobody mentions it, not in the news or anything.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

there will always be some one who will struggle into work and spread it about!!!there not sure if wearing a mask does any good!theres a theory that its better to catch it now while its mild which may give you some immunity to it if it mutates in the winter to sommat more deadly!! as for working it off!if it is real flu yu wont yull be in bed!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 540 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption