Barnsley Bike Show 26 July 2009

29 Posts | Latest reply on 27/07/2009 08:35:40 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Barnsley Bike Show Sunday 26 July 2009   Held at Shaw Lane Cricket Club   Entrance Fee Payable £3 but check first in case of increase   For those who aint been to this event before it usually finishes a lot earlier than advertised.   I may go to this if I can persuade my sis to give me a lift    http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=437                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hey we may see you there Kwak, I have the weekend off so if its dry will be a nice run out Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

Don't forget to take plenty of flyers with you.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

It's looking more likely Shell as crow has offered to give me a lift there, he's entering his bike, I wish I had some batteries for my camera. I'll be going if I can sort my cash flow problem out before then.   I aint got any flyers Tim, didn't see the point in asking for flyers when I rarely get out anywhere to distribute them; besides the Barnsley bike show isn't a large event and not a long one either lol   Are you not goin to it Tim?                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

You will have to let us know Kwak & can grab a coffee together ... I want to get out & about as much as we can this weekend, am hoping it stays nice as have kept the time booked off work so Ian & I can spend some quality time out & about together ...   I dont have any fliers either .                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i wnot be able to make this one...got the muggles this weekend                                                                                                                                                                              
nina's Profile
nina

In: Barnsley

mite see u there shell kwak   only 2 mins away from me   hehe                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well i will speak to the kids , my daughter would love it, but 13 years old son just wants to be out footballing                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Sounds good Nina , will drop you a PM                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hopefully see you all there eh? Weather forecast says weekend is going to be drier, let's hope it's DRY. I'd cross me fingers but my typing is bad enough as it is   Ian there's plenty of room at the cricket club I'm sure your lad could find some of it to kick a ball around a bit.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hope to see you folks there, is anyone else going?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well its looking good so far, but it is only 7.30.

I think we need a real time weather report off Nina. Lmao                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

well it's currently pishing it down here in HOlmfirth  - but with the penines, it could be blazing sunshine 5 miles away - but the general forecast for over this side is pretty grim Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

If it helps, it's raining in Pontefract but I have no idea how far away that is from the show - sorry. Skies are light grey rather than dark grey though. The cat won't go out if that helps!   Hope it dries up for you all.                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

aggrogate`s all grey but dry, dont mind getting wet on the bike since i did a days training in torrential rain practicing braking techniques that actually work and have given me loads of confidence had a very nice run out one evening last week in the wet on me new tyres quite good fun really Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

I think I need to do the same course as you Julie. I don't mind riding in the wet but I do lose a hell of a lot of confidence. Have you washed the bike yet? Me neither! Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

dont have to was this new one,just drop it of at the workshop and swap it for a fresh one, stilll havent found the donuts tho!                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Is there a secret under seat compartment?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Sorry we didnt make it to anyone that went, been raining here all day & tho ian & I dont mind being out in the rain (I did my solo ride with it persisting down) the fact that my waterproofs are not so waterproof at the moment made us think twice LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

True to his word crowcat came to collect me even tho it was raining and altho it started out rainy it did stop for a little while and was sunny.    While we were there we saw nitro70 and his son and new member Blade Pilot recognised me and asked if I was Kwak, so ya see Nitro I DO look like my photo Big smile   I think Crow took some photos, I know there was one photo in particular he wanted to take which had us all laughing. The couple who looked like typical bike/rally bods and arrived on a bike towing a trailer with a dog kennel on the back, ok it wasn't a kennel but it had a dog in it.   Nowt funny about that in itself but a rocker with a standard poodle?? Na! Just didn't work for me. All I could think of was 'he was the only gay in the village'   LOL Sorry, I shouldn't mock but it did look odd. Especially as the mutt had a waistcoat on and loads of badges (what do they call those half moon badges bike club members wear?)     It was a shame those who wanted to go couldn't get over, the weather didn't help with plans but there'll be other gatherings/events so hopefully see you there.   Thanks for the lift crow, I'm glad I aint got the hump anymore, my harris will recover but will the hump? LOL                                                                                                                                                                                

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 826 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption