Karma performance

230 Posts | Latest reply on 16/09/2009 22:38:05 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

The new Karma system I developed is really putting a strain on the system.  Each person’s Karma takes ¼ second to generate/calculate, so I’ve already had to remove it from the “Online Users” page which is a long list (Taking 60 seconds to load for example). I have a solution however…. I will stop the dynamic calculations and start running a job 2 or 3 times per day that will refresh everyone’s Karma. I’ll make this change next week because it’s quite a complicated one do. Just a head’s up in case you’re wondering why some forum pages are loading slow recently.                                                                                                                                                                             
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Do we really need Karma? I find it embarassing because I seem to be on here often but its so little.
I say get rid of Karma!!

mat750's Profile
mat750

In: Solihull
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Noooo! Keep the Karma!!   There's no other way I'd get onto the top 20 males list!!                                                                                                                                                                              
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

u can ditch the karma for me, i av been hovvering around the middle of pop fems but i still dont rate it, if u join in the chats n forums you can soon see who is a regular contributor. peeps seem too concerned with raising their karma, just join in i say!
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I thot it was a scale of weird and wonderful, phew glad mines only low lol do i need to move my furniture round to get it higher or am i mixin that up with sumat else lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Dammit... I clicked on this thread hoping to see Matt's world famous Boy George impression!

*sulks*

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

P.S. I much prefer the "karma" system over the old "most popular" system.

& before anyone says "You would say that, wouldn't you?" because my karma count is high enough to be in the top 20 jobbie, you can reset my karma count to zero for all I care, I still think the system's better than "most popular". Big smile

At least "karma" is showing people in the top 20 that are active around the forums and on event attendance etc and not just PM/nod count etc. "Most popular" seemed to be mainly based on people looking at profiles/being looked at, nods and PMs from what I could make of it.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

WB,you would say that wouldn't you because your karma count etc etc.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Big smile BM is slacking... 12 minutes for that response?! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Jackie - I think you're thinking of the Eastern philosophy known as Toeism. You can easily identify followers of Toeism by their joyful praise of the Unipurse, usually given in the phrase "Ouch! I stubbed my bloody toe! Who moved that chair FFS?!"                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

you can reset my karma count to zero for all I care,

Wb - I've tried clicking on yer Karma bar and dragging it to the left, but the damn thing refuses to budge!                                                                                                                                                                               
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

LOL Ere Matt? XK broke it again!

You're in SO much trouble now XK Shocked

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm always in the sh*t - it's just the depth that varies!Pinch                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

We can still see your head mate!                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

swim XK swim.....                                                                                                                                                                               
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol trust u lot to be serious.   And Karma is staying, took me bloody ages to develop it after everyone was complaining about the unfair popular pages.   And it's generated a lot more activity on the site - which is great!                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Only b'cos we are all sending other nonsense pm's, viewing each other furiously and writing a few words in the forums which have nothing to do with the topics...   <--------  runs away quick...                                                                                                                                                                               
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Ah is that how karma works Feisty   (must now think of inane drivel to write all over the place)   WAIT - i do that already me thinks !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

By the way XK brown suits u lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

small crappy posts in the forum dont count for anything.  There is a minimum length requirement before they count towards Karma.   And you can view someone 1,000 times, but only 1 view counts                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7340 seconds. There are 750 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption