Photography competition coming to an end soon!

65 Posts | Latest reply on 01/08/2009 01:13:54 by shooter | Go to original / last post
Puds's Profile
Puds

In: .
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Matt,   I was not complaining, and have mentioned loads of times in my posts, it was a great comp.    I was giving my feed back to why there are not many entries,   you asked for feed back and I have given it, in positive manner and I don’t think any one else was complaining, they were giving valid reasons why they could not enter the competition.    I am sure the people that win the comp,  will be more than happy,  as I have mention it is a great prise,  and really wish  that I could have entered.    And if the purpose was to get people out and about,   I was, I covered a total of 1560 miles around Scotland, taking pictures.   Which I would have loved to have posted on the site, but there does not seem to anywhere to post them.  Perhaps a holiday photo’s posting page would be nice.   This thread has given loads of positive feed back on how we could run this sort of comp again and make it easier for solo people to enter.    It is great person that learns from their mistakes,  and only a fool that dont.   I believe everyone on the site should have the chance to view their thought and ideas, as long as it are done in a positive manner.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

if the rules were there from the start, fair play, as all competetions have there rules and we should stick by them, but lets put some positive ideas forward for future competitions                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Ian, it's just a bit late for positive ideas.  It's great everyone having their say now about how the competition SHOULD have been run... but nobody was helping when I was trying to plan the competition.   I've never even been on any of these kind of competitions, nevermind run one! I'm learning all the time myself.   What I'm good at... writing code.  Bad at... everything else lol.  So when i ask for help on the site with marketing, competitions, etc its cos i genuinely have no idea what I'm doing.  I'm a computer geek plain and simple LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I do like it when Matt kicks off; it makes me laugh!!   I wish I'd put more effort into getting more photos done, but it wasn't easy and I didn't want to simply plan a day or two and go take them all.   I wanted to spend time visiting places and seeing how many I could get by doing that, if that means I'm only halfway and as such don't have a chance of winning, so what?  I had fun in the process and that was what this was supposed to be all about.   I'm surprised that so few people had a go, for the winner to be a choice of only two or three is a bit of a shame.  Especially given that one of those in that choice had his all posted within minutes of the comp officially going live lol, but very generously chose to give others a chance by not accepting the prize at that time.   I for one enjoyed it and seriously hope that Matt doesn't drop out of the quiz master role.                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

A great competition & lots of hard work put in by Matt, would,ve graced the comp pages myself had T.D.M not got nicked & torched,however theres always the next one!!(almost got my next bike sorted & there,ll be no stopping me)  keep up the great work MattThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
shooter's Profile
shooter

In: Bracknell

Sorry Matt, was travelling a lot when the comp was announced, riding in Alaska.  Took my 67 yr old mum on the ride with me, did all the Denali highway, weather held up for the 140 miles of dirt road that forms most of it.  We did a little under 1,000 miles in 3 full days of riding.   Funny, you once felt I was getting a bit aeriated in correspondence with you about my membership renewal problems but looks like you get the same way some times when people commentSmile   Anyway, will try and watch out for the next one. I' planning on riding China at the moment so should get some interesting signs or roadside monstrosities on that trip!                                                                                                                                                                             
Puds's Profile
Puds

Ruddy hell Shooter  "Quote" was travelling a lot when the comp was announced, riding in Alaska.  Took my 67 yr old mum on the ride with me, did all the Denali highway, weather held up for the 140 miles of dirt road that forms most of it.  We did a little under 1,000 miles in 3 full days of riding.     thats  a lot of miles,  perhaps  we  could have a thread about the places peoples have riden their bikes this years,,  Well done :-)  puts my 1560 miles  tour off Scotland to shame,,   (forgot that would not be fair on the people on here who dont have or ride a bike)lol...                                                                                                                                                                               
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

Its nearly the end of July...I can't possibly remember all the places I have been already... oh hang on... yes i can lolol...   I spend most of my free time up and down the M4 or the A303 as a lot of the club are in the SW, and thats where we go to rallies!   I keep threatening to ride up to Scotland... not made it yet.   C x                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

love that A303! got to be one of my favourite roads!                                                                                                                                                                             
Puds's Profile
Puds

where is the A303?????                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

It goes from Basingstoke to the West Country Puds...                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

sarn sarf                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Just catching up with all the news and threads after a little leave of absence.   I am going to stand in the docks with Matt on this one - the photograph comp was one of my suggestions and Matt and myself discussed how it could work. Even though I had no chance to enter the A to Z competition myself through other commitments I did manage to take a few test shots. I used the Gorillapod clamp that Matt mentioned and have to say that it is a REALLY useful bit of kit to have with you when riding solo.   I hope that everyone that took part DID enjoy it (and again, special honours go to XKYLBR for his sterling effort and sportsmanship) and that with all the suggestions that are being made that more people will be able to compete in the next one.   Peace out...                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

it was TC's fault!  He made up ALL the rules. I didn't think of any of them.   No I'm not running away, I've just got somewhere else to be right now.   Da da da.... Nuke                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Stern Smile    *searches ebay for ground-to-air missile launcher*                                                                                                                                                                             
Puds's Profile
Puds

lets all shot TeeCee,,,,,    hehe                                                                                                                                                                             
shooter's Profile
shooter

In: Bracknell

Puds, some of my bike trips are on a web album here: http://co...NG> Haven't got the most recent trips on there yet.  When I get some spare time will do it but busy sorting out a house move and a divorce at the minute!                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I'm really sorry that I never got a chance to enter this competition, I was looking forward to trundling round seeking out interesting places with unusual names.   I would have donated my tyre prize to the Air Ambulance raffle prize stock, had I been lucky enough to win 1   But the Dukes have been a real pain this year and money very tight, I was hoping to get out more.   I do hope that it still makes a few people happy and we have another competition in the near future.                                                                                                                                                                             
Puds's Profile
Puds

I want a tripod comp.  as i am getting really clever with my new camera,   have now found out how to change the option to movie mode,  so what out,  ya might all end up on youtube..                                                                                                                                                                               
Puds's Profile
Puds

Shooter they are some great pitcures,    you really get about a lot on your bike.  I have never riden aboard on a bike,  not sure if i would be able to cope,,,, anywhere in England, Scotland, Wales, no problem,  but have a fear of riding or driving on the other side of the roads.  but have promised myself, i will do it one day,        (must be brave must be brave must be brave)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0469 seconds. There are 739 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption