Old Helmets for The Philippines

4 Posts | Latest reply on 04/07/2009 04:06:35 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Yesterday while I was waiting for a friend to get his tyres replaced, another customer at the garage asked me about the life expectancy of helmets as he was aware that you were recommended to replace them after a certain time and to cut the straps off when disposing of them so that they could not be used.   It turns out that he is married to a Filipino and on his regular journeys back to the Philippines he was thinking about taking some secondhand helmets to give to the native bikers, as on their wages they are just not affordable. He also said that full face helmets were virtually unknown over there and highly desirable!!   I thought it sounded an admirable proposal and that I would mention it on here to see if we could raise any interest.   If you would like to donate an old helmet (with straps intact!!) then PM me and I will give you the guy's details.                                                                                                                                                                             
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

good idea and wud luv to help but ant got no spare lids at mo. sorry                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

I work with a lot of Philippions who beg steel or borrow anything they can on the ship going home with the limit the aircraft will allow. I was once asked how many servants I had as I was the boss running the job. He couldnt believe I lived in a simple house in a street Just a thought before you act                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i have i x lazer helmet, with internal black visor in good cond never been dropped,so its yours if ya want it tc                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2188 seconds. There are 631 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption