Tyre Sealants

12 Posts | Latest reply on 26/06/2009 23:46:41 by timhall | Go to original / last post
stewwolfie's Profile
stewwolfie

In: Darlington
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Anyone carry tyreweld or similar for touring?  Off to scotland and I ain't got nowt....  As they say around these parts.. :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Heard it can screw up the valves and when you come to have the tyre changes (tubeless) you will be faced by a mess of congealed gloop to scrap off.

Gummy worms or mushrooms are still the most popular with distance riders...plus you'll need three gas inflator bottles...three. Use plenty of glue.

excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

I'd stash the plugs and the tireweld , remember with tireweld the puncture is INFLATED as well , if its a slow then go for the plug option bearing in mind both are a temporary fix .                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

the glue stuff works pefectly, and ive never had problems with garages changing my tyres.   I always run with the stuff in.  Any nail holes get sealed instantly.   Honestly i never run my tyres without slime in.                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

I use slime in my tyres and never had a problem getting punctures fixed. Most motorcycle chops offer you the option of having slime or auto seal injected into your tyres so they are used to dealing with the stuff when they take the tyre off. tip from the top. tell the mechanic you have slime in the tyre before they break the bead. they won't thank you if they get covered in the stuff.
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I used slime once and it just came out of the hole and drew a neat line in my inner mud gaurd                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

lol hull - must have been a massive hole!                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

not really may have been travelling over 50mph/80kmh though lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I carried heavy duty, puncture resistant inner tubes, just in case, but I'd not go to those extremes in the UK. Mobile phone and an AA/RAC membership, plus a few bungs and glue. If I'm stuck at the side of the road in a storm with a flat tyre, slime or anything will do.
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Tireweld was standard kit on my v-max at all times as was a small fire extinguisher , i never had reason to use either in 4 yrs myself , but helped out friends on 2 occasions with the tireweld.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

I have tireweld and bungs with glue under seat permanently take up little space cost little good for peace of mind                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

I always carry a bottle of tyreweld. I had to use it once in Wales. Very usefull stuff. It does'nt blow your tyre upto full pressuse thou. But it allows you to ride slowly to nearest garage with a compressor. Personnally when i'm touring I take a small 12v compressor with me aswell.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 1133 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption