Time Lag

27 Posts | Latest reply on 20/06/2009 17:15:57 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

Is it just me or is there a time lag on the site? I read a post in a topic and seconds later there was another post but it was posted FIVE minutes earlier!! Confused                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

No, I don't think there's a time                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

lag                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Feck me!! How'dya manage to post both of 'em at same time? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Magic                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL ROFLMHO  'Magic' is one of my nick names.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

there's no time lag.   Can u be more specific? Have u seen this more than once?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Might it not just be a time difference between your PC clock and the forum posting (server) clock?

I've had computers where no matter how many times I set the clock, they were always out by 5+ minutes within a few hours of re-setting.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

it always about 5 mins out, i find anyway                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Merry Christmas Everybody!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Matt, what do you mean 'more specific' only thing I didn't add was the time but it happened more or less minutes before I posted.   My computer clock keeps the same time as my mobile and that was accurate with the speaking clock.   ===========     Merry Christmas Everybody!!!   There's always one smart alec LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

But does your computer clock read the same time as the forum clock?

A post appearing within seconds can appear to show a time stamp of 5 minutes ago if your computer clock doesn't match the forum clock Smile

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

I've actually got all mine set about 10 minutes fast in an effort to stop being so damned late all the time... doesn't work though! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I don't know where the forum clock is,  which wall is it on? LOL     The site time is 5 minutes slower than computer clock Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Can't you see it? It's on the wall above the fireplace - you know - the one with the rather nice mantelpiece where Matt displays all the trophies Wink

Sounds like you've found your solution anyway Big smile

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Not really a solution cos they still differ lol   My computer is accurate with the speaking clock so the site time is out by 5 minutes, not a tragedy I KNOW but it confused me when I was reading the LATEST posts, or so I thought Confused                                                                                                                                                                                
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

It's a well known fact that the speaking clock has been set 5 minutes fast by Alistair Darling, in an effort to get more hours for no money out of all the workers. It's part of the Recession Recovery Plan. I thought *everyone* knew that! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Wouldn't surprise me! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

actually the server time is perfect. It synchronises with official servers on the internet 2 times per day.   It's certainly never 5 minutes out.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 640 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption