driving standards

9 Posts | Latest reply on 18/06/2009 20:24:36 by vinnie | Go to original / last post
punkdude's Profile
punkdude

In: hastings
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

are drivers geting dumber got caught in traffic on the way home from work and people were reversing up the on slip road to a dual carriageway rather than wait for the traffic to clear including a doubledecker coach having been nearly taken out on the bike a few years ago by somebody doing this it makes my bloood boilUnhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

same old same PD, where are the traffic cops when they're really needed? a seed for road rage !                                                                                                                                                                             
Dragon13's Profile
Dragon13

In: Billingshurst

The things some people get up to on the roads never cease to amaze me!Ermm                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i had to drive to welshpool today to deliver some locks for a customer, when coming off one of the many fast roundabouts on the a5, there was a unmarked police skoda estate in the inside lane just stopped as they were after another driver, but i nearly hit them in my vito, and to my horror after delivering a huge line of verbal obsenities i realised it was the rozzers...oops.
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I was stuck in traffic on Sunday, I saw people reversing up slip roads, doing u-turns and driving up the slip road in the wrong direction.    I drive for a living so I do value my license and I would never risk it on such a stupid thing.    I think driving standards are falling, and falling fast and hard!  The less coppers on the roads, the less people care about courtesy and the highway code.                                                                                                                                                                             
punkdude's Profile
punkdude

In: hastings

the lack of traffic cops is the main problem a camera can`t deliver a stern lecture to educate nor realise you were speeding but it was dry and a clear road and you just warrant a bollockin                                                                                                                                                                              
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

It puts me in mind of the recent "we must engender a sense of social responsibilty to stop drink driving" blather.  It wasn't social responsibility that curbed drink driving in the seventies, it was the virtual certainty that if you drove round late at night you would get pulled and breathalysed.    If you want people to drive sensibly they have to know that if they take the mick they will get caught and they only way of doing that is lots of traffic cops on the road.                                                                                                                                                                             
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

In: Harrogate

I agree. It's the lack of traffic Cops that makes people think they can get away with it.

Out side of my local ASDA there is a no turning right sign that every one ignores, and there is a reason for it being there, until they put a traffic cop on the corner one day and then everyone turned left when they all exited left.

It's not that they don't know they are doing anything wrong, it's that they know they aren't going to get done for it.

Cameras aren't the answer we all know that,

I got done for doing 34 in a 30 zone by a camera just outside Burnley, 3 points, £60 fine, don't have to have the three points if you enrole on a speed awareness course, blah, blah, blah...

Then again I got pulled over by a traffic cop with a speed gun coming back into Harrogate doing nearly 40 in a 30 zone said my speed was a little bit excessive but as I wasn't doing anything dangerous and was slowing down for the roundabout let me me go with a ticking off, spent more time with him talking about bikes than I did about the speed thing.

The point is.

I can't remember where I got done in Burnley but I am more aware of my speed on that section of road coming back into Harrogate.

More traffic cops, less cameras.
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

In: Harrogate

But yes, I forgot to add.

Driving standards are getting worse.

And I'm not just turning into my dad.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4219 seconds. There are 929 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption