Duffy Ad Attracts Complaints

18 Posts | Latest reply on 18/06/2009 08:34:14 by Hull750Rider | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A TV advert featuring singer Duffy riding a bike attracted 18 complaints - because she was not wearing a helmet. In the Diet Coke advert, the singer can be seen singing while cycling through dark streets and into a store, before returning to her concert. The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) said 18 viewers complained because Duffy was not wearing reflective clothing and her bicycle had no lights. A further four people complained the ad was irresponsible because children might copy her behaviour. The company argued that the ad was not meant to reflect reality, but rather "Duffy's fantasy, a scenario that depicted her escape from the pressures of stardom and far removed from the real world". The ASA agreed and said children would understand cycling round a supermarket was not a realistic situation.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

I wonder if these were the same people that wrote in and complained about Jeremy Clarkson and James May drinking alcohol as they were driving across the Arctic Tundra....   (by the way, I love Duffy's voice but that ad does stink!! What was she thinking....?)                                                                                                                                                                             
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

she prob wasnt TC thats the prob                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

She was thining of the cheque going into the bank !                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

Jeremy Clarkson !!how dare yu mention that f.....s name when i'm around!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

What was she thinking....?) Kerching! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Jeremy Clarkson !!how dare yu mention that f.....s name when i'm around!!   Ditto!! he's a plank! a nasty plank                                                                                                                                                                              
Dragon13's Profile
Dragon13

In: Billingshurst

Well I think it's quite reasonable that I wrote all those letters of complaint.................after all we have to consider the health and mental wellbeing of the younger generation these days! Whatever next, you'll be suggesting that parents are to be held responsible for the upbringing of their children! Shame on you!Tongue

(And as for the other tosser.....shame he made it back from the arctic!)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I think your all being unfair calling Clarkson names like that. He's worth far more abusive names.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Aw c'mon, we need non 'politically correct' guys like him to help fight the crap that is being forced on us nowadays!   And after his trip to Vietnam, I think he might even be a convert to biking.... Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Aw c'mon, we need non 'politically correct' guys like him to help fight the crap that is being forced on us nowadays!   Who's goina take him seriouly after what he said about garotting bikers?   And after his trip to Vietnam, I think he might even be a convert to biking.... Ermm   I certainly hope NOT! he'll put biking back by about 50 years.                                                                                                                                                                                 
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Dammit, and I was just applying for funding for a two-wheeled version of Top gear! Oh well.... Unhappy   (was particularly looking forward to Star on a Reasonably Priced Bike too...)                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

never liked the guy he's jus promoted bad drivin ever since he's appeared realised he could make aname ferhimself by bein something hes probably not really like in private life, he's made himself a bar room opiniated loudmouth and a bully which apeals to the yobbish car drivin fraternity,but sayin that he has made me laugh sometimes but i would not go for a drink with the guy!! well maybe one or two if he's buyin!!
punkdude's Profile
punkdude

In: hastings

clarkson is one of a few anarchic tv presenters and like punk bands back in the day does things for effect and the garrotting bikers was part of that does anyone think he was serious and substitute volvo drivers for bikers and a few of us would be having a wry chuckle and in our image obssesed culture it`s refreshing to see somebody on tv that hasn`t  gone down the makeover routeSmile so we have an unfashionable denim wearing forthright non conformist tv presenter that description fits a lot of bikers i knowSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

when i confront a twat tearin around the countryside towards me on the wrong side of the rd with one hand on the wheel i say thank you Jeremy for what yu have given us!!                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Nah, you can thank Police, Camera, Action or whatever the Censored those programmes are called...   As a motorhead I am afraid I have always watched Top Gear (from the Goffey/Woollard days) and like the direction JC has taken it, although I can see why it is not everybody's cup of tea.                                                                                                                                                                             
punkdude's Profile
punkdude

In: hastings

a twat on the wrong side of the road with one hand on the wheel due to clarkson sorry but max power type magazines and the general  lack of manners and respect in society coupled with games like grand theft auto and the glorifying of stupid driving by traffic cop programes as already said tonight are probably more to blame
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Stop bashing Jezza lol   I know the gorroting jibe was taken to heart by many of you but it was ment for effect rather than actual attack on bikers (not a responsable thing to say on telly as we all know some mindless idiots would possably think dughhh dats a good idea) but top gear I'd say has an over all adult/responsable following. I like a lot of what Jerramy et al has to say on a lot of subjects, and find the program entertaining, he may not be a biker but is a petrol head and May + Hammond are both VERY keen bikers, so he's not the only presenter.   I'm with T.C as well on biking programs are not main stream anymore, remember Talking Bikes? same theme tune as Top Gear.   While Bikers only represent 1% of the populus/road users TV companeys are lothed to spend money on a Bike only programe, but at least aunty Beeb did pay lip service to bikes in the Vietnam Special and bikes are featured from time to time.   Duffy is an artist like many others before her lining her pockets while she can, who knows how long she will be "popular" hated the advert but like the artist as a lot seam to.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 1013 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption