Is this a good idea ??

41 Posts | Latest reply on 16/06/2009 19:27:55 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i have been thinking, as alot of bikers are using sat nav do they do a sat nav programme that gives us good biking roads, as i think it would sell like hot cakes, it may already be out there, but on a sat nav format would be a good idea, if anyone designs one i want royalties.
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Nice idea.  However, anyone with a Zumo (and I am sure you can do similar with a Rider) can already share routes with other Zumo owners.   I have in the past emailed suggested routes to people for them to upload to their Zumo.   Maybe a new thread?  Good Biking Routes?                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

No, no no Ian!!! Shocked   Then all the good routes will become busy routes!! Wink   (I laughed last month at how upset one of my riding buddies wife got herself when one of the magazines published her favourite road as one of the best in Europe... LOL)   And just for the record, as I have previously said, there are NO good biking roads in Scotland!! Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

but they do a biking atlas anyway so why not incorperate in into a sat nav                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

That's strange TC, cos whenever I've been up there, I've always found loads of I'll shut up now!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

never been but three of us are going up after the bulldog this year                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

That's where the bulldog has run to!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ha ha ha ..very quick geoff lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Nahh the roads in Scotland are rubbish!  I spent a lot of time up there last year, went all over from the borders up to John O'Groats..   Awfull, terrible... wouldn't recommend it at all...   *tc.... get some cones up.. road closed etc* Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ah, might let the other two go then kaz, i will go round derbyshire instead                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

oooohhh but Derbyshire can be as bad, Ian...  i mite head up to Scotland just cos nobody else will want to go..   i'll be a billy-no-mates and camp round the Loch swatting midges... ooooh did i mention the midges?!?   Bloodthirsty little critters!!  Nope u definately don't want to go to Scotland!
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Stern Smile @ geoff   Thumbs Up @ Kaz   *snigger*                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

PMSL Ermmmmm but im still coming there! good or bad roads i dont care just hope for good weather LOL no no no ........... TC ! please no rain dancing.Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

im comin too!!! with the sat nav which now works, dare not even unwrap the new disc with 2010 mapsConfused  will form my own opinion on all of the crap roads up there, of course we dont have any decent roads at all in north yorkshire so im sure scotland will be an improvement and then i will tell all my mates gather them up and take them to play too!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

I abhor the whole notion of sat navs on bikes. The whole point about being out there on a bike is to get away from all the crap that goes on in everyday life.

Just to be able to go out on a ride with a destination in mind, to take a wrong turn, carry on regardless and find something wonderful it leaves you with a memory that stays with you forever, it doesn't matter how many people have found it before you, it's yours alone.

Some of my best rides have happened with a wrong turn and I still get surprised, even now.

If you're a commuter, use a Sat Nav.

I'm happy to say I'm not...

Mind you from what I've seen about Sat Navs on the news you might get to more intersesting places than I've been.

See you in the foothills of Everest.

And as for you Julie, go wash your mouth out with soap 'No decent roads in North Yorkshire', there are some people on the Tan Hill Run that would beg to disagree.
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

Addendum

Last series of Top Gear (or maybe the one before, I don't know, I get confused with all the repeats on Dave, and Dave Va Vu)z JC was reviwing a Mercedes and his opening lines were something along the lines of...

...'When was the last time you went out for a drive just for the fun of it, that is unless you're a biker'

Says it all.
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

*chortles*

Did you not hear those metallic clanging sounds as you were reading Julie's post?

That'd be irony Big smile

You don't TELL folk where there are good roads, you keep 'em for yourself, otherwise every beggar's out there clogging 'em up!

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Ian said some of the recommended ride sites have routes that you can put into your sat nav ... I know that he did some when we went to France in April.   On another note I just got a Zumo 660 Big smile its in the process of a 6 hour download for the 2010 maps lol                                                                                                                                                                              
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

I'm a bloke.

Slightly drunk.

Subtley, Ironay, Steeley, Bronzey???...D'Oh

My other joke or amusing observation was going to be...

'Why are you into bikes?...'

'Because of the freedom it allows me.'

At the next junction, turn left
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Now that's a quality amusing observation - drunk, sober or otherwise ;o)                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 499 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption