Children at events/shows

51 Posts | Latest reply on 17/06/2009 20:45:15 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Despite never having had children myself (and frankly, not liking most of 'em a whole lot! LOL), I've always been a big supporter of children at bike shows/events... It's an opportunity for the whole family to enjoy the biking world and to spend time together, rather than hubby wandering off for the weekend and wifey sat at home looking after the offspring.

However...

Keep them under control FFS!

Don't get tanked up and proceed to wobble around the main stage area, with a small child perched on your shoulders. It'll all end in tears or worse. Come 9pm, they shouldn't be around anyway IMO.

Don't get tanked up and go back to your tent for a kip in the middle of the afternoon, leaving your 6 year old to wander around alone!

Don't let them wander around riding bicycles and scooters alone - ESPECIALLY on a Sunday morning when everyone's trying to leave the site.

YOU made the choice to have children - YOU take responsibility for them. I'm sure you'll be the first to wail over how dreadful it is when your kid gets injured, but if you act irresponsibly in such ways, it will be YOUR fault.

/rant mode off Wink

TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Anyone else think WB is getting broody..? Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

*chortles lots*

Dammit man! You've sussed me out! LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

well i do have kids, and family bike events i agree its nice to have them  there, i take my kids to bsb , wsb, moto gp, my 9 year old daughter loves bikes, even my kind of music, guns n roses, evenesence, but i doint agree with anyone drinking at all when they have there kids there, its a recipie for disaster, your not in control, and you may need to be in the event of a emergency. also there is other rallies where i think kids should not be at all, if you are gonna take your kids stay sober and let it be fun for them too.
Dragon13's Profile
Dragon13

In: Billingshurst

I have to admit I'm totally with you on this one WB.........I work at a family farm tourist attraction, and parents seem to think they can relinquish responsibility when they walk in! Whilst our place is as safe as poss, there are still animals, (some very large) and tractors etc moving around, and chidren running about amongst them is not good news.....................meanwhile Mum or Dad is quite often sitting in the tea room having a cuppa........or on their mobile talking! Makes me sooooooooooo mad Angry.................And although I can't answer for WB, I am most certainlky NOT getting broody!LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I used to take my ex's kids to bike events as well.   Annoying little sods always found their way back though.   "a family farm"; A family farm??  Do they have places where they grow families?   Seriously though, you ought to try taking family style karate lessons! Parent turns up with two brats in tow and drops them off whilst they go shopping.  When you suggest that they ought to buy protective mitts, pads and gum shields; "I can't afford all that, they'll be fine!" Then an hour later they're asking why little Johnny, crying, has been punched in the teeth by his big sister (in a manner incidentally that was far too hard to have been an accident). The number of times I have paired two kids up and then changed my mind having realising I've just paired up two brothers, or worse, two sisters!   However, one advantage we do have over teachers is that most parents actually expect us to hit their children!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

therre only annoying if its not fun for then , at race meets my towo like to fill the results in etc, plus i take them around the pits etc, as long as you make it fun they are no trouble.                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

only take yr kids if they gonna be interested n u can keep them entertained n safe                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

I agree, if you can't keep them entertained and safe, leave them locked in the loft.   Leave some left overs from your dinner and a bowl of water though.   And maybe a squeaky toy or something to play with and an old blanket in case it gets cold.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

its too warm in the olft geoff, how cruel, i put mine in the workshop                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

thats the loft for those who cant understand gibberish                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

u got gibberish syndrome again i see ian..........lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

as always , sauasage fingers                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Obviously I wasn't really cruel to my ex's kids. They were good kids really.  They'd spend the evenings quietly in their bedrooms whilst I was downstairs watching tv.   But then my ex would come home, untie them and remove their gags.  Used to annoy me that, it would take me ages to catch them.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

And maybe a squeaky toy or something to play with and an old blanket in case it gets cold.

Ye gads you're a soft touch! LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

At Flames and Frames we let under 16's in with an adult. Rules are simple. Control them or we'll help you pack up and leave the site.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Exactly the way it should be...

Although, there should be no need for it, as parents should take responsibility in the first place Wink

Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

There's a sign at the cafe at Bridgnorth where we met back in March:

Undisciplined children will be towed away at parental expense or sold as slaves                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lovin the theory behind that one Ricdude,how easily/effectively was it enforced in reality? Hate to be so stereotypical but in my opinion bad kids stems from bad parenting(also lovin your parental tips kermitLOL) and i normally avoid any large event with kids as after half an hour i wanna slap the kids and punch the parentsOuch   ps,i am also the first to comment on well behaved kids                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

So far it hasn't had to enforced. We understand that kids will run around like they do but its up to the parents to keep them under control. The past 3 years they have been sensible and not let them run around too much. Its also up to people to keep an eye out for them when riding across the field as you would a pissed adult wobbling about all over the place. Which can sometime be worse.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7813 seconds. There are 955 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption