Mobile phones

34 Posts | Latest reply on 08/06/2009 20:04:41 by bikerchick1966 | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

ok..my current mobile is being a complete and utter Tw*t!!!!! Angry   I can't use certain keys .. well, actually I've discovered I can,  if I stab them approx 10-15 times wiv a pen lid.. but that just ends up with a string of garbled letters!!!   Sooooo i do apologise if anyone has received garbles messages from me.  Basically the  DEF, MNO and WXYZ buttons are not working... has anyone tried sending any kind of readable message without using these keys??  It's near on impossible ah tell thee!!!   Sooooooo I'm needing a new phone..    Just thought, if anyones got a decent spare handset on O2 i could borrow, it would be much appreciated....   Also I'm looking to upgrade to a decent phone, not sure when my current contract expires, will check that out, but any recommendations?   I would like a decent phone, just been looking at the LG Arena touchtone phone, Samsung Tocco, Sony C905 and the Samsung i850 smartphone... Bit out of touch with phones tho, so not sure what to go for. Also, whats a blackberry all about? Confused   I don't get any free internet access on my phone, is that something that I should ask for?     My current handset is a Sony Ericcson K810i and up until now has been a good phone wiv a good camera quality.   Any thoughts.....??   cheers peeps Smile                                                                                                                                                                                   
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

How old is the phone Kaz? If it's still got some guarantee left see if the shop will replace it / fix it for you.   Sorry I can't help with new phones, it's best to go to such as Carphone Warehouse and get impartial advice. Tell them what you want from a phone and then they can tell you which ones fit the bill.                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Hey up Kwak, think its over the 12months i bought it privately  as it was mispriced in the catalogue so I got a bargain, but i havent had an uprgrade phone from O2 for about 2yrs so they should really give me a good deal.. (once I've paid my bill...oops)Confused    Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

LOL well yea that'll help                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

I know... I know Confused  it used to be on SO but since they stopped it I just keep forgetting to pay it Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
nina's Profile
nina

LOL   what u need to do is swop it   find some1 who has the same phone    lol
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I've always been a fan of Sony Ericsson and Nokia Kaz, but everyone has their favourites.   I haggled with Vodafone when I got my new handset and they gave me free internet, so I'd definitely ask for it.  Also, they'll offer you a phone straight off their website offers, but I'd haggle on that as well.  You'll probably find they'll either offer you a better handset or a lower monthly price.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Thanks Geoff.   Yeh I like Sony Ericsson's too, tho Samsung's seem quite good too.  I also like the look of the touchscreen phones ( eg LG Arena etc) but not sure if they are 'sossage finger friendly' ? Confused   I will definately haggle.. well as best I can, lol                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

nokie n95 8gig....loads of memory, for music, 1 hour video recorder, the camera is awesome, you wont be disappointed kaz                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

PMSL @ Nina..   okies.. keep yr eyes peeled for a Sony Ericsson K810i  Wink   Cheers Ian, sounds good, just noticed theres a Nokia N96.. are they better then?                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

no no no..i had one and sent it back, they are sh*t, too much software on then keypad is awful to use, and the phone goes slow when going to menus ets, n95 8g black all day long                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

Nokia N95 8Gb here too.  O2 Simplicity Tarriff, with unlimited Internet, 1200 minutes, 1000s of Texts, and £30 inc vat with 1 month contract. I regularly use Bikematch, Facebook etc on it. Brilliant phone, and (if you''ve got a laptop) has things like giving you internet access on your laptop via Bluetooth so you don''t need one of those dongles... Oh, and it sends all its contacts to my satnav, so I get caller ID when someone calls me through it, or if I want to call someone and can''t remember the number. *ahem* Hope SV_Shell reads this... She''ll know why                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Ahhh thanks Ian.. I just automatically assumed higher model number, better phone.   Ian (Mr P) I am on Simplicity at the minute, not got a laptop, do u think they might include one in the deal ?Wink   I don't think we want to know what you and shell get up to on yr laptop!!  heheh                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Hey Kaz... lmao I think Ian means as I (eekkk here fills my pm box) work for O2 & set up contracts etc I may be able to help. & the answer is yeah you can get a free laptop now lol Depends on what your looking for in phone/contract .. I use a Blackberry but am up to speed on all phones due to my job. Drop me a PM hon & will see what I can do Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

cheers Shell  pm sent! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

*** sound of floodgates opening *** LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Well u can all wait your turn.. Shell is my PA till im sorted...so ner ner ner *cue confused thick-as-pigskin customer - be patient with me * Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

awwww Kaz ... I worked for O2 for 4 years in total its standard joke with Ian & I ... he is the IT geek I am the phone freak lol                                                                                                                                                                               
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol..  well u can be as freaky and geeky as ya like.. I'm not bothered !! LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Only in private Wink   Pm sent Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 585 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption