Shires Show 12th and 13th of June 2009

72 Posts | Latest reply on 17/06/2009 17:46:21 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Great to meet Puds and BC21 at last - and double congrats to the Birthday girl BC21 ! Big smile

We came back to find you after Dumpy's set finished but drew a blank - d'oh!

Anyone get any pics of the bikes in the show they could put up for us please? Unfortunately I didn't get a chance for a wander around them Unhappy and was kinda cut off with my stall position (note for anyone thinking of trading at these events - arrive early! LOL)

Don't think it would've made much difference - everyone was complaining of a very low spend this year - taking about half the money they usually would. Ho hum.

I'm tired out - had a great time and met some interesting folk and would STILL like to know just what it is those guys do to ensure excellent weather every year!

Nice touch getting the local Mayor to do the prize-giving too Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Well sounds like it was a good weekend, with the weather gods on your side for a change. LOL   Hope it was worth all the panic you had getting sorted, still its a weekend away that counts. Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Damned hard work and I made a HUGE loss (I don't even want to think about precisely how much! LOL)... Oh well... It's all a learning curve... better stick to the smaller, cheaper shows for a bit though, methinks! LOL And LOCAL! Then at least there's not a huge petrol bill to cover as well Wink

I knew it was a gamble, and it didn't pay off on this occasion, but it was more about getting out there and trying to establish a name for myself, make contacts and share information with other traders about other shows etc... I'm not about to chuck the towel in just yet...
Puds's Profile
Puds

In: .

Had a great time at the show,  was nice to meet a few new faces,   (Wannabe)  I was off drinking most of the time. as it was nearly my birthday,   and had to sit in the shade lots as i dont do the lots of sun,,,                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh thats a bit of a shame wouldnt be so bad if you broke....at least even, LOL well you put your name about a bit more and learnt a thing or two.  Do get some bits together so orders can be taken for yeah, and staying local can work.......... Your always welcome to at my shop. The weather is better now and more customers about.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

I know what you mean Puds - I brought waterproofs & a brolly, but no flipping sun cream! LOL

Cheers Nodrog Smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well i will but some wanna,s, and i darent bring my 9 year old, she loves sparklies !! i would be bankrupt, and you would be on a nice beach somewhere lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Hehe! Cheers Ian - methinks those days will be a long way off yet... I've not paid any bills for 2 months, just so I could afford the pitch fee and the petrol for this show! LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

About you making a loss WB,i think i know why. Check the photo for the the event. The one with you standing up in your stall. Theres some dodgy geeza with his hand in your handbag. Looks a bit suss to me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Yeah - I make you right... he hung around the stall all weekend... handy for striking the pitch at the end though Wink

*ahem*

I'm still waiting for the revenge thread over my lack of preparedness Embarrassed

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Why would people want to take revenge? Over what? And can they do better?                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

*chortles*

Possibly... possibly...

Most folk remember to pack the poles as well as the canvas for their tents!

Embarrassed

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Your own fault for admitting it on here. I wasn't going to say anything. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Sometimes you just gotta get in first and hold your hands up to being a dozy tart Wink

Well not you, obviously...

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Now all I gotta do is find the blessed things before next weekend's show... Marquees are crap for sleeping in! And Kangoos aren't much better! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

wannabe i just looked at the pik that ricdude said 2 check out............wot a robbin b*****d, shame u cant take it 2 the police as proof of him theifin, he needs his hands choppin off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikerchick21's Profile
Bikerchick21

In: shrewsbury

Brill to meet you Wannabe and good to see Wills again.   Had a brill birthday weekend.   Hope you were a bit warmer on the saturday night. Sorry you missed us after the set. We went to get some sticky pancakes, lol     you know like you do after a few drinks.....lol.   Shame you didnt break even with your stall......the stock is wonderful.....   Im really pleased with the necklace/ear ring set.   Hope your next show goes better.  did you say it was in cambridge ?   p.s.  remember the tent poles !!!!!!!!!!!   lol xx                                                                                                                                                                                 
Bikerchick21's Profile
Bikerchick21

In: shrewsbury

Just had a look at pics, shame not one of the other side of tables, with your chains you make. Having said that as i write, if i remember correctly you were wearing some on your neck and wrists.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Hey you could have a point there Drob... Photographic evidence should be good enough for the Rozzers!

Trouble is, can anyone identify the stranger in the pic? He's obviously wearing a disguise

Ermm

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Oooooh noooo BC! I forgot all about the pancake stall! I'd intended to sample one of them myself. Ended up having cheesey chips cos the thai stall had run out of rice Thumbs Down

It was great to meet you and Mr BC - glad you're pleased with your purchase - I can't take credit for that one though - that was bought stock to pad out my hand made stuff! Wink

Next weekend I'm at Mildenhall, not sure, but hopefully it's not too far from Cambridge as I plan to send someone out on Sunday to fetch more ginger and sweet potato cake from the market there!

It's all a learning process - I was overly ambitious aiming for a big show like the Shires so soon - so after next weekend, i'll stick to local stuff that's not going to cost me a fortune to get to... As well as the stall money, eats and drinks at the show, we also did over £60 in fuel... It's a lot of money to make back when you're starting out and establishing a name for yourself.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 569 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption