New Feature: Disable profile view logging

11 Posts | Latest reply on 02/06/2009 21:20:13 by Phil | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

As you know, the communicator shows who you have viewed and who have viewed you.   Many people have asked for the ability to turn off the logging of who they view.   Therefore I've now added a preference which you can change in your account... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/myaccount/editacco...ccount.asp   Let me know if it doesn't work for you.                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hmmmm!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Actually they're still logged, just not visible to anyone other than me.   Why?  So I can see if someone is harassing others if a complaint is put in.   Views are still only logged for 14 days though                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

i wish views were in date order so i can easily tell which ones are recent otherwise i forget who ive looked at so then look again and this can give the wrong impression                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

can't do, because it's grouped by how many times you've viewed them.   Hard to explain, but it's a data/database thing.   Actually it is possible, but the query would be very intensive on the server and for very little return                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

my happiness is worth so littleCry                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol, no it's worth a lot i promise.  LOL   Really though, it would make the page generate in 30 seconds or something and would really grind the server down.  Everyone would be miffed about the page taking so long to generate also                                                                                                                                                                             
Jansky1960's Profile
Jansky1960

In: Grantham

Matt are you ever gonna finish that sarnie lol                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

yeah stop stuffin yer face and do something useful                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Its not the sarnie he is finishing I think its the whole buffet as he has been at it so long ;)   As a mod being able to see who I have looked at is an advantage, as if I have accidentally disabled/enabled someone before I had finished checking I can go to my viewed list and pull them up and recheck it.    Are us mods still browsing anonymously?  Cos I dont want to lose that as otherwise you get loads of hits, just for doing your job, and I am not available so it saves me having to send thanks but no thanks messages                                                                                                                                                                              
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

I know you can't sort by date Matt, but can you add a field showing when you last looked at someone and then they last looked at you. Even if it is just in a tool tip format so when you hover over the user name it shows the last viewed date?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 685 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption