Karma / Fairer popular members pages

141 Posts | Latest reply on 03/06/2009 22:34:40 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds like a good idea Matt - I don't see it happening here, as it's a really friendly site, but I have seen a fair bit of ganging up against folk online in my time, so it would be as well to limit the effects *just*in*case* Big smile

I'm also liking the Karma bombs idea - it'd be a great way to get people to utilise all the site's pages more. I've quite often chatted to members who haven't even noticed that there are forums and an events calendar, much less got involved on them! LOL

*ponders translating all the BM pages into pirate talk so we can go treasure hunting*

*decides she needs to get out a whole lot more!*

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

just added more variables, like events you attend. Also edited the current ones to exclude PMs, Nods and Chatroom messages to yourself (To prevent cheating). Also lowered the weighting of profile pictures to prevent anyone getting too much Karma just by uploading pics. If I see anyone with a particularly high Karma, I will look into why it's so high and I will adjust the calculations. Therefore you may see a lot of Karmabars going up and down over the next few weeks.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

*** Cancel the above, it took too long to generate the script so I need to come up with something else                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

King for a day Approve       I'm liking this Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

think i've fixed it now.  I've made it even fairer than before to average the scores out a little... but it takes a little longer to process the popular pages now                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

Matt, how are you gonna check attendance at events? loads of people click to add themselves to an event and never turn up. some people make a hobby of it, think they do it cos it looks good on their profiles, please dont use this to calculate karma, what does everyone else think about this?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Would it be workable to link it to a tagged event photo, rather than the event attendance list?

Mind you, you get people who click on the event photos, thinking it'll enlarge them and accidentally tag themselves, then don't realise they can remove it LOL

I would think that it'd be quite easy to see if anyone's manipulating the system by shoving their names down to everything but turning up to nothing. There are so many variables, it probably won't make much of a difference, depending on the weighting given it.
Matt's Profile
Matt

I could use tags for sure, maybe that's a better idea actually. I'm working on changing the system also so that you have to click a button to "Start Tagging".                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Matt, could we change the tags?!?!    maybe have a list of names under the photo? Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

took me ages making the tags system work with mouse click positions!                                                                                                                                                                               
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

But Matt, I thought you were always up for a challenge... otherwise you wouldn't be running the site! LOL Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

but id hate to think id spent days (Weeks actually) of work on something that nobody wants                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Ooooh nooooo! I love the positoned tagging on the photos! I can tag over my belly & pretend it's smaller than it actually is LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

actually... Lou's got a point..  Tummy Tagging is my friendHug   Ok Matt...forget previous post! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Tummy Tagging (tm)! Love it! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

tummy tagging......have i missed something or is it secret squirell mods talk lmao ..............                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

*chortles*

Hey I'm pretty fond of a scooter... I love the smell of 2-stroke in the morning.... but I'm no mod! LOL

On the events photos... you know you can "tag" them? i.e. you click on a photo of yourself on the events calendar and your ID magically appears on the photo as a clickable link through to your profile?

Well, you can basically place your "tag" anywhere on the photo... personally I like to use it to obliterate photographic evidence of my larger than necessary belly, hence Karey's trademarked term "Tummy Tagging" Big smile

Karey's Profile
Karey

Hahah.. well sed Lou..   Ian..we don't have a secret squill  language...just a funny handshake Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Aw, thanks for all the comments on my pic, guys and gals Hug (that is the photo they are going to use to make my statue for Tussauds...)   I'm with you, WB! I love 2 stroke in the morning.... *cough* Anyway....   Roachy - I just posted a few profile pics, replied to a PM, spoke briefly in the chatroom et voila! (excuse my French)   oh... and spent all weekend rescuing children from a burning orphanage!   Now I just have to get to an event so I can have a Tummy Tag (tm)!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Hmmmm... my reply must've wafted off into the ether someplace...

It went something like: Phew! Thanks TC! I was getting a bit worried there - 50 minutes and not one remark concerning morning strokes?! Shocked

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 674 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption