northern mob b/hol mon rideout

25 Posts | Latest reply on 26/05/2009 20:06:20 by napoleon | Go to original / last post
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

is anyone in this area planning a day out tommorow?                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

i cud do with gettin out julie.. either on Ziggy if somone will ride with me.. or pillion ...    anyone interested?                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Depends on where ur going. getting toward the end of the month so gotta watch the cash flow                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

sorted now, off to matlock!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I was, but some ***t has parked across my gate! Angry I was off to Donnington to the BSB and I have a paddock pass waiting for me
julie j's Profile
julie j

bloody hell lass, cant you find out who it is, hope that they are gone by tomorrow                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

been round all the neighbours they either dont know who it is or they are not answering the door.    I have stuck a note on the windscreen and hopefully whoever owns the car will see it and move it.   I dont want to take the car if I can help it as coming back on the motorways bank holiday monday early evening will be hell!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Anyone with any consideration for others knows not to park in front of an access to property. I get it all the time, folk parking in front of my gate.   Put a 'Park here and I will CLAMP it, £100 fee to release it' sign up on your front wall / garage door lol                                                                                                                                                                               
julie j's Profile
julie j

call local rozzers and tell them its causing an obstruction, you could have all kinds of important reasons for needing access                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

Had a car outside my house for a week once that no-one knew owt about. Police weren't helpful cos it was taxd and tested and hadn't been reported stolen, and wasn't blocking anyone's driveway, but it just meant I had to park up the road.
Turned out it was someone who'd gone on holiday via Liverpool Airport and didn't want to pay long term car park charges!!!
I'd have nicked his bloody hubcaps if I'd known. Wheels even.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL Wills, now now compose yourself. It's annoying isn't it, some folk seem to be totally oblivious to  others. It seems like a 'me me' world                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Thing is you cannot put clamping notices up if they have parked on a road, only on private property.   You only have right of acccess if you have a dropped curb outside your house (which would cost me about £1000 to have installed)  If the car is taxed and tested you cannot prevent them parking on the road.   It only forms an obstruction if it blocks the road to such a degree that an emergency vehicle cannot pass.  Or it is blocking access (designated by a dropped curb). Or it is parked in such a manner as to prevent another legally parked vehicle from moving.  (because i do not have a dropped curb, my bike does not qualify as legally parked)!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Crikey that don't seem fair does it? Folk allowed to park in front of your access to your own home/garage Shocked  I never knew that. I always assumed if it was an entry to your home then folk weren't supposed to park there.   The amount of parking on some pavements means that the kerb drops eventually lol                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

if they park on the pavement, even if its only 2 wheels you can get them removed, unfortunately this ****k is parked on the road ........... grrrrr                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

Shall I bring the my ambulance down your road?? We have people parking outside the Red Cross ambulance station in Liverpool.  As it a non-retained station in Toxteth we don't have notices up telling people that emergency access is required. we just have no parking signs posted.   When the local hippy cultural center down the road has an event on inconsiderate numpties park outside the station so we can't get in or out. We no have an arrangement with the police. If the entrance is blocked the police will tow the vehicle. Mostly if we can't get in we block the cars in with the ambulance and sit off i n the station until we get another shout. one parent and their little carrot crunching asbo sat in their car for an hour and a half. She was right pissed to find we were sitting in the station all the time.                                                                                                                                                                             
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

hee hee nice 1 PP, i could get a fork lift n move it for ya lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Newkid's Profile
Newkid

In: Watford

Dont know what the score is here, but the guy over the road paved his whole front, so had the council out to extend the dropped curb, would he have had to pay for that? Also, just down the way, theres a bit thats meant to be a turning point, but it also has dropped curb one side for drive access. People where parking in it and I dont know how, but hes had the council out to paint a white line against the dropped curb side, even though theres plenty of room for him to get in and out even if someone does park there. Again, would he have had to pay for line painting, even if he couldnt prove his drive was being blocked, just obstucted?

Actually, should we start a new "Parking rules" thread?
stewwolfie's Profile
stewwolfie

In: Darlington

bugger. wish I'd read this last night..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

why Stew?   PP, you know that you can get an ambo down my street even tho they have parked in front of gate.  They now put zig-zag lines on the other side of the street due to the school.   Well alls well that ends well, went to BSB in the car, didnt get stuck in traffic, and stayed dry, as it rained on the way home.   Car still parked there tho ........... grrrrrrrrrr                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

Canvas your local MP about getting a drop down installed and then keep on at them. If they won't install a drop down ask for a short length of double yellows spanning the gate. The council can implement such things as they are cheaper than installing a drop down. You just have to put a case to the council. I have seen short double yellows outside a few locations in Liverpool. Mainly to keep an access way similar to yours clear. Why don't you turn the camera around ans record the driveway to see who owns the car when they remove it.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 351 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption