Pram lessons?

12 Posts | Latest reply on 27/03/2009 20:30:18 by Peter69 | Go to original / last post
Peter69's Profile
Peter69

In: manchester/south
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Whilst riding  at 25-30mph down a busy single carriageway with cars and vans parked either side i positioned myself a doors width approx from parked vehicles on left and a woman pushed a pram into my path before she could see me herself !!   Thats the second time this week this has happened with the first woman on the phone while she pushed her baby well into the road before she could see me!   Pram lessons needed i think girls.                                                                                                                                                                                 
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I see this quite regularly and I think it's funny.   The other one is people (I'm not going to say women cos I've seen fellas do it as well) who gently push their sleeping baby in it's pushchair off the kerb and into the road before waiting for a gap in the traffic.  All I can think is they do this so that they don't wake the baby by jumping the chair off the kerb when they run across.   But your baby's in the road!!!!   Or maybe they're just trying to save on feeding costs.                                                                                                                                                                             
Peter69's Profile
Peter69

hey geoff can you imagine the damage a fully loaded pram could do to your fairing?...........thick as pig sh*t some people and you can almost write the headlines now of the local newspaper on how a "speeding motocyclist knocks over innocent baby"........                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

It horrifies me... It surely doesn't tax the brain cells too much to work out that you're putting your sprog in danger by doing that?                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

Pram lessons needed i think girls.   No one teaches 'how to' when it comes to crossing roads with  prams/pushchairs etc but it's common sense, or should be, to PULL the carrier behind oneself, not push it out in front, init? Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

In: Harrogate

Seen it done sooo many times it absolutely astounds me.

The other one that always gets are the cars in town that pull out os side road to look beyond the parked cars to see if it's safe to go and then stop, then look at you as if to say is it ok for me to carry on.

Well it must be otherwise you'd have my bike in one side of your car and me on the other side.
Peter69's Profile
Peter69

Kwak.........my point exactly.........                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

and not to mention blokes who think that cos a pushchair has wheels they can walk down the road not the footpath, or are they just to bone idle to hoike it up and down onto the path                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Perhaps they need a Baby On Board sticker hanging from the pram to remind them....                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

"imagine the damage a fully loaded pram could do to your fairing"Hahahaha!   I remember when i was 7 years old pushing me 1 year old brother down a very steep hill in Teneriffe.... woooops, weeeeeee,  wwwaaaaaahhhh.  lol.(Sorry Paul!)                                                                                                                                                                             
hdbabe's Profile
hdbabe

In: Banbury
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

P69, surely there's an argument here in favour of loud pipes!! Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
Peter69's Profile
Peter69

loud pipes yes possibly, but why should the onus be on you, you would think once a woman has had a belly full of arms and legs for 9 months she would protect it in everyway, but the odd few put there offsping in harms way through pure negligence......                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5293 seconds. There are 1536 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption