What's happened to common sense???

32 Posts | Latest reply on 26/03/2009 14:50:54 by Newkid | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Why do some people just blindly follow sat nags directions???: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7962212.stm                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

errrmmm..... Ermm.......ConfusedEmbarrassed  .....LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

I would say a guy that stupid was due to have an accident soon anyway, the sat nav just got him there quicker...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Just goes to prove that there's some right pillocks on the ro...footpaths these days.Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                              
Newkid's Profile
Newkid

In: Watford

Alright if your on a scrambler!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

first time i used my sat nav it sent me to the wrong end of of a lane correct lane but the unavigable en, had to go around Exeter to get to the other end after consulting good old paper map!! but for a few seconds i was considering tryin to get through!!! untill common sense kicks in!! use the thing's with caution an have paper maps as back up! my tom tom has a update mapshare website where you can update this sort of info for other's havent figured how yet!!
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Well he is a BMW driver, what do you expect. At least he has been charged with driving without due care and attention. I think the emphasis is on attention. look out of the window people                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Last time I was out I had to use all my secret powers to find my destination Embarrassed  That and a little common sense, an enquiry and some signposts   Might have found it easier with a twat nav but it it wouldn't have been half as interesting an adventure Big smile   Em Cool Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

aah em me ole buddy i was like you argued me nut of on here about the stupid thing's ex boy scout me used maps compasses an the star's but in the end i got a twat nav!! only used it twice!one cock up an one success! with common sense there a usefull tool but can take the romance out of life almost nanny state!!!
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

I bet you're useful to have around TM! Wink                                                                                                                                                                               
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

yep i come with swiis knife trusty staff an me toggle!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Well I shall look forward to meeting your trusty staff and toggle someday in the future.   Aren't you putting up all the girls on Julie's tour?                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

as well as giving em accomodation???Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

In: Harrogate

Common sense went right out of the window when people realised that they could blame someone else for their own stupidity.                                                                                                                                                                             
Dragon13's Profile
Dragon13

In: Billingshurst

It never ceases to amaze me the places idiots will follow sat navs to! I have a tomtoms on my bike and in my car, and I find them incredibly useful! Whilst I enjoy toddling around the countryside randomly on my bike when I have the inclination, sometimes I need to  get somewhere in a reasonably direct manner, and Tom is invaluable, and whilst using one isn't rocket science, they do tend to assume the presence of a brain in the user!
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

does it say that on the box?                                                                                                                                                                              
Dragon13's Profile
Dragon13

In: Billingshurst

Not that I'm aware of TM..............which is obviously where the problem started! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

The jury's still out for me and SatNav's though.  Even after only using (a borrowed) one twice and having both times marred with problems. The first time I was using one to get into Birmingham and it switched itself off completely on me just as I was getting near the city outskirts.  Luckily, I had my trusty paper map next to me and I found my destination 'old school' style. The second time was when Cassie & I used one to get to a hotel in Edinburgh and the SatNav had us going through metal bollards on the Royal Mile and was also trying to get us going up the wrong way up a one-way street. I still think they're a useful sounding gizmo, but I'm not rushing into buying one just yet! Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'm an old fashioned map person with the exception of AA Autoroute on comp which I find is spot on for milage and directions.....never get lost I just deviate from route occasionally and find proper directions when i turn map right way, eventually....                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

AA routefinder is always a little hit & miss with the number of roundabouts - but it makes it fun Wink

I have a sat nav on loan for a few days... just a shame I don't have the cash for fuel so I can give it a good testing - d'oh!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 2202 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption