Mid life crisis-or what?

198 Posts | Latest reply on 24/03/2009 09:49:46 by tangoman60 | Go to original / last post
Chopperbloke1's Profile
Chopperbloke1

In: Haddenham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I don't wish to offend anyone but I’m finding more and more that men around my age and older are mostly looking for slim, younger,model types.  If however, our men folk want to walk the walk ,they should at least talk the talk. Most of these guys fall into at least two or more of the following categories .... short/fat/bald or look at least a decade older then they their years. Give us girls a break guys! We might not all be a size 10 and look like the biker babes you see at rallies and bike shows but try digging a little deeper, you might find a whole lot more to keep you interested.... like brains, life experience and inner beauty.                                                                                                                                                                              
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Ooh, this should be a good thread! Big smile   *grabs popcorn and takes a seat*   I am not in or looking for a relationship so I had better not comment (but I can see your point!).   Welcome to the forums, R_ND! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

here here  well said R_ND Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
polls's Profile
polls

In: Leeds

I'm looking for a slim, younger male model type...there aren't any!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Scary's Profile
Scary

In: Somerset

Mmmmmm Mid Life Crisis =   Sports Car                                     Motorcycle                                       Jet Ski                                      Bimbo..(blonde or otherwise)   Or a combination of the above.   The way I see it when some men hit middle age they want to start again, by having the freedom that they didn't have with their ex's and because most see their ex's as dominating old battleaxes they try to find the complete opposite.   This may not be true for all men, I know that for a fact. This is just an oppinion and maybe a complete load of rollocks.   Thankyou for listening                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

I don't get that vibe from this site at all - I know where you're coming from though... my sis has just joined a dating site and none of the 35-45 age group even bother looking at her profile - they just browse the 20-somethings. She mostly gets messaged by 60-somethings... age gaps are all well & good, but some of us prefer not to date someone old enough to be our dads - sorry & all that! Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

You missed out the pub owning nymphomaniac heiress bit ...    Seriously though I think part of it is down to the fact we are all still eighteen in our heads (no gender bias women suffer from it as well) Just because some old stranger looks back at us from the mirror never really changes it.   Bald, old looking git but not currently fat                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Mind you... equally true is that the short, fat & bald have more to offer... it cuts both ways Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Scary's Profile
Scary

In: Somerset

Mind you... equally true is that the short, fat & bald have more to offer... it cuts both ways Wink                                    I don't remember offering you anything WB!   Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

I distinctly recall a doughnut offer! Shocked                                                                                                                                                                              
Chopperbloke1's Profile
Chopperbloke1

I don't have a problem with short, fat or bald either.It's just that some men (and women) need to face the fact that none of us are 18 anymore and we don't look like it either.                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Fairy Nuff - I'm personally dead glad not to be 18 any more! LOL

But then, at 18 I resembled a barrel on stumpy little legs and completely hated myself... Hmmmm...

There are shallow folk out there - male & female - but I reckon there are more than enough decent peeps to make up for those sorts Big smile

Chopperbloke1's Profile
Chopperbloke1

Sad thing is, I can't really remember being 18,it's all a bit blurred. Guess I must have been having a great time! lol!                                                                                                                                                                               
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

No offence taken R_ND, a ladies appearance is not my first criteria I'd much prefer integrity and a sense of humour. But I'm with Prof on this one, not many of us like or are comfortable with getting older, me included, but I realised quite a few years ago that the skinny girlie young things weren't my thang! and I know I'm probably old enough to be their GRANDAD let alone father!! I've seen too many of my mates come to grief after giving their all to a young pretty woman, taken them everywhere with no expense spared till she takes a shine to a younger version at a rally or a gig and its bye bye Cry Better in my opinion to stick to what you know, an older woman (whatever her physical attributes) is a much safer place to offer your affections. At least she is more likely to tell you straight to your face early on if its not working for her, then at least you can both move on. Well thats my opinion for what its worth. Keep smiling, keep looking, somone will turn up. But they are unlikely to knock on your door (it has happened) so you have to get out there and LOOK.   Ride safe, ride free. Em Cool Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Hehehe @ blurred memories! Like it R_ND! LOL

Chopperbloke1's Profile
Chopperbloke1

emzed...A wise man indeed ;-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Thankyou Maam, (doffs hat) Em Embarrassed Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

"I don't have a problem with short, fat or bald either.It's just that some men (and women) need to face the fact that none of us are 18 anymore and we don't look like it either. "   Hey ... I'm bloody gorgeous me!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Yeah but you're taken Geoff!                                                                                                                                                                               
Chopperbloke1's Profile
Chopperbloke1

And so you are  geoffb2005 Clap                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 925 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption