Old views/nods

35 Posts | Latest reply on 19/03/2009 14:11:22 by Emzed | Go to original / last post
Silvi's Profile
Silvi

In: Northallerton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi Matt Wondering if there a possibility of having a delete button for old Nods and views?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Spring must have arrived - Silvi's come out of hibernation!                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

you still got some then silvi?(I,d keep them if I were you-you,ll not get any more wearing that jacket-your words not mine!!)Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

yeah delete button wud be gud, not that i get many nods n viewsUnhappy   but heres hopinWinkLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

views only shows the last 14 days and can't be deleted.   Nods can be, i'll look at creating a delete button but it's not the top priority at the moment.   Thanks for the suggestion                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Awww... I like seeing my old nods/winks - brings back memories... just a shame they drop off the end of the list after a while! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

What would be the chances of having nods and winks Matt,would save a wee bit of confusion.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

WB - nods dont drop off Cass - sorry but no, too confusing having more than one and it will take up more space to have 2 buttons rather than one for every profile (Take a look at forum posts for example, theres no more room for the extra button now).                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

They do on mine *sniffs* Cry

I just figured that was the set-up... room for 20 then they drop off the end as you get new ones. The earliest received one I have is from December and I've been here since April... Even if I did tout for a few of 'em in the early days! LOL

It's probably a Mac thing...

mat750's Profile
mat750

In: Solihull

No it's not a Mac thing, it's the same for me. I can only see the 20 most recent nods.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Nod or wink doesn't matter what it's called for every one sent there will be as many reasons it was sent.   Some folk wink/nod cos they want to see if the other person fancies them too, some wink/nod just to see if the other person is interested in corresponding.  It's just too flamin confusing and can be embarrassing.   I say do away with it altogether, if a person can't be arsed to type a PM to someone letting them know exactly why they are contacting them then no wonder we're all feckin confused most of the time. Tongue   IMHO                                                                                                                                                                               
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Aha! Thanks Mark Big smile

Always nice to know you're not alone in this world Wink

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat Kwak Wink know what I mean? Eh? Eh?

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

I agree with Kwak, but sometimes people are too shy to make the first contact in person! Dont know why personally, cos you know who sent the nod/wink an you can look at their profile whether they've nodded or PM'd you?? Ho Hum each to their own, happy hunting/browsing/chatting. After all it is "SOCIAL" networking site isn't it? Em Cool Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Sending a nod/wink's a good ice-breaker... I've had many a lengthy exchange of PMs that have arisen from thanking someone for pushing my buttons (ooooer missus)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I thought standard members couldn't initiate a PM, only reply? So to make their interest known, they would have to rely on the 'nod' button.   Anybody clarify?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Spot on XK :o)                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

think your right about the top 20 come to think of it, been a while since i did anything with that code. ok.... standard members can PM full members, whether they've been contacted by the full member or not.  Just to clarify. The nod does help people get started though                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Ooops my mistake... sorry XK... I thought you were right and PM contact had to be initiated by a full member...

*hangs head in shame*

Wink

Matt's Profile
Matt

u know something - im not 100% sure now haha.  I designed the damn system, but will have to check the code again to remind myself (Will do tomorrow when im home, someone remind me)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Quality! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 1267 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption