electronic cigarrettes

44 Posts | Latest reply on 12/01/2009 00:29:19 by prof | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

have just seen this on the news & went googling   It's an electronic cigarette that uses pure nicotine & water www dot smartsmoker dot co dot uk   It says it's healthier - however that could probably be argued, but, it looks like it works out cheeper than actual ciggys & looks to me like it could be an aid to give up.....if only they did mental ...errr.... sorry Menthol cartridges!                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

An interesting concept but I would say the guy in the video looks far from cool when he is smoking it....   Would be interested to see if there really is no smell from it!!   I will stick to my hookah, thank you very much... (same principle)     (I don't smoke cigarettes but I do enjoy the occasional nicotine patch...)                                                                                                                                                                             
blakbird's Profile
blakbird

In: bolton

the problem with all these quit smoking aids is that they don`t take into account people actually enjoy smoking,if we didn`t like the taste and didn`t like inhaling the smoke,then we wouldn`t do it.i might be wrong(usually am)but i`m sure they do some sort of drug for alcoholics that makes them dislike alcohol,i`m sure somthing like that would be far more effective
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Is it an aid to stop smoking?   I thought it was just an alternative....   You might want to give up after so many people have laughed at you using one though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

hey BB yeah they do - you can get it on prescription from the docs - Champix is the main one, but there are others. HOWEVER, I've known a number of people try these & they end up getting really agressive, have weird dreams, various bodily functions get clogged up etc. In the end, they end up coming off the tabs & back onto the ciggy's cos no-one can put up with there 'weird' moods & they can't put up with the side effects! I've checked out the leaflets that come with them & there's about 2 pages of side effects!!! once you read the possible side effects you end up thinking buggerit I'll stick with the ciggys!!                                                                                                                                                                               
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I think smokers are intelligent rational people. What they waste their money and lives on is up to them. Anything that is keeping my tax down is ok by me Dead.  I'll be happier when someone invents the E-quarter pounder and fries. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I smoke and take no notice of these things whatsoever. I know its bad for me,my choice. Don't tell me it is,don't try and stop me and just leave me the Censored alone to get on with it. Unfortunately these past 3/4 years i've been to about 6 funerals and only one died from cancer. The others were bike or car accidents. Shall we all give up driving/riding? Nah,thought not.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Yea I *saw a news item re: the new 'fags' if it doesn't use tobacco where was the 'smoke' coming from, was it short-circuiting? lol *didn't listen to it tho.                                                                                                                                                                              
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I love this thread, while I think smoking is a stupid, vile, disgusting and insanely expensive habit it is one of mine and It's nice to know I'm not the only social pariah around.                                                                                                                                                                               
blakbird's Profile
blakbird

In: bolton

do they really think the warnings make any difference.the only one i agree with is DON`T LET CHILDREN BREATHE YOUR SMOKE.too right,make the little buggers buy their own that`s what pocket money is for                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

For those of you who wish to prepare for the next health nazi anti smoking gibberish check out http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/03/health/research/03smo...ke.html?em   Presumably smokers are going to be banned from all contact with children, we'll probably end up on a register along with the paedophiles.                                                                                                                                                                             
stmarysloch's Profile
stmarysloch

In: newcastle

i like me fags and as far as then smellin bad, wot about buses, they honk! a lot of people get their kicks out of tellin others how to live their lives,and its usually bible thumpers. if i wanted to join the savation army i wud ave to stop boozin,smokin,swearin,humpin. and probably a lot of other things that i cvant mention here
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

maybe as i'm older my friends are older an smoking longer than you lot!for a start the old guys i worked with at the dockyards all i knew who smoked are dead,2 friends my age have died through lung cancer,a friends wife was diagnosed b4 xmas with the disease,a friends sister died at 44 with lung cancer an brain tumours! i packed up when 30 yrs old cos i found out about asbestos ,which i used to work with an wanted to lessen the risk of a tumour later! it can be done ive done it,transport tends to be a 'necesity' so we put up with the risks but smoking is totally unecesary!you only 'enjoy'it cos your addicted like any drug,but its a free country an like someone said youre helping with the taxes thank you for that! 
stmarysloch's Profile
stmarysloch

poeple die all the time from cancer.my mate lived in cumbria and almost all her classmates have had thyroid cancer.a tv program yrs ago quoted a thousand poeple die every yr in edinburgh from diseases related to car exhaust. every cleaning agent you use in the house has chemicals that can cause cancer,your deodorants,toothpaste,aftershave, everything is bad for you. but people only harp on about the one thing they hear all the time,fags! thats because they dont hear the whole story,they only hear what they want! mr tango x
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

as i said i wanted to lessen the risk to me!asbestos is a proven carceginic as is cigarettes if your exposed to car exhausts an other toxic chemilcals smokin as well aint gonna help! but i aint preachin jus telin it as it is ! oh i forgot one of my uncles had a tumour on his lip used to smoke a pipe[exactly where the stem lay!]! then thiers the sun bathin risk as well its a dangrerous world alright! but you makes your choices an mus live with the result you can be perfectly healthy an smoke to a ripe old age but thousands dont! i like alcohol so liver disease throat cancer could lay in wait! so i watch my intake but it dont spoil my life jus takin care! i couldget knocked down by a bus biut thats no reason to take up smokin again or drink heavier! have a snog back xx
stmarysloch's Profile
stmarysloch

yeah we make our own choices in life, and it wud be nice to live our lives without self appointed preachers rattling on day after day about the same thing. is this our first argument mr tango x                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

not an arguement a discussion i'd still give yu a smacker even though you may have jus had a fag!!!i could have jus eaten garlic!! in fact i may do that as it wards of evill spells not that yu'd do that would you?x                                                                                                                                                                             
stmarysloch's Profile
stmarysloch

heres a smacker for you then x he he i won the fight he he he x                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

we'll see, if we ever meet up! xOuch                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

love it when you get angry stmarysloch!Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 622 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption