super blackbird

23 Posts | Latest reply on 11/01/2009 22:17:57 by Triumph_Sy | Go to original / last post
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

have honda stopped makeing the super blackbird , as ive been through there 2009 range and its no longer in there range of bikes . does this mean that the new vfr 1200 will becomeing very soon                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

????  No way!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Yes way ....... and erm, no lol   Yes, Honda have stopped manufacture of the Blackbird, but the chances of the new v4 (whatever it may be) appearing before 2010 is very slim.   A very big mistake in my opinion on two accounts.   Yes, the CBR is now an old design and can't quite match the zzr (in my opinion) for engine or handling.  But it is a very good bike and remained one of Honda's top sellers.   Secondly, the lack of a large sports tourer in the range (the VFR is a fantastic bike, but at only 800cc is simply not big enough for some) is going to encourage Honda to push the v4 project through as quickly as possible.  I sincerely hope this doesn't mean a load of problems for the new bike, as I for one have my eye on one if it proves to be a better bike than the Kawasaki.   My belief is that Honda should have instead updated the CBR this year and given themselves a bit more time to develop the new bike.   But hey, what do I (Honda's target customer) know??                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Its design was getting on a bit but still a great bike.Thumbs Up I keep trying to sell mine but just cant bring myself to get rid of itConfused                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich

i hope the vfr 1200 if thats what it will be , will look like the pic i see in the mcn in 2007 it was just an artist drawing but it look sexy                                                                                                                                                                              
TONYCBR's Profile
TONYCBR

In: hull

there bringing a vfr v5 1000 about 150 bhp two models sport and tourer cant see that its going to be in the supersports catergory but with the goverment new regs and trying to cut down speed of bikes i cant see manufacturers competing in supersports when every needs to be govererned down. whatever happened with having fun
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Tony, dont worry. Bikes will still be capable of a healthy 150mph + me know these things........as for the Honda. It has been taken off list but is still for sale, they have over supplied and need to shift unsold stock. Triumph......there the ones to watch. But then I wouldn't know that Cough                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Triumphs?......what ghostie.......tell all.............your worrying me!Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
GSXRJim's Profile
GSXRJim

In: Nottingham

Pidcocks Honda have loads of Blackbirds in stock (A fellow IAM mate just bought 1 *yawn*) but in Blood clot Red or black. you have a B'bird when thers a 'busa.                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

I think the Super Blackbird is a great bike and it looks fantastic!!   The Hayabusa is butt ugly, no, it's worse, it's fugly!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
GSXRJim's Profile
GSXRJim

I'm willing to forgive a bikes lookes for POWER!!!!!!!   and a Busa has more                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Well I'll admit I haven't had a busa between my legs but I have had a bird and I found the bird plenty powerful enough for me.   But I'm only a pillion in this case and it's each to their own but for me - the Blackbird rules! Thumbs Up   Maybe I need a comparison ride on one.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Ah roachy...i can almost see the usual suspects lining up to take their turn in ripping your last post apart with enuendo's!Shocked.......................you set em up...................etc..etc..!
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Sorry Arf...I shall go stand in the norty corner now. Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

i was itching to say sommat but my new yrs resolution forbade it!!!i'm gonna leave it all to XK!!!where was he?                                                                                                                                                                             
GSXRJim's Profile
GSXRJim

*sniger*   Roachy its nice and warm here in the naughty corner!                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

lol @ Roachy!....no need me dear....if you happen to set yerself up for the obvious comeback, it's nowt to do with me!..............shall just sit back, review, n cringe to the sad responses with you:o)..........................   Am impressed TM!.............                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

power isn't everything. But it aint half nice when you have some!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Unfortunately, most politicians would agree with you, ghostie.Thumbs Down             TM, Arf....as if...                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

lol @ XK!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8906 seconds. There are 796 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption