Avebury 1st February 2009

201 Posts | Latest reply on 03/02/2009 22:28:23 by micksaway | Go to original / last post
SP's Profile
SP

In: Weston Super Mar
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Apologies from pony and myself for not being there with you guys..   We had roped in some other bikers in coming up with us,  and couldn't leave them out in the cold when the weather put them off..  so we all headed for a little runaround in our area instead and had a meal and coffee..   Sounds like you all had a great day..   Well done..
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

We'll do a re-mix version of the Avebury meet when we've all thawed out a little SP! Wink

SP's Profile
SP

In: Weston Super Mar

Looking forward to it WB..                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Thanks for the tip about resizing the pictures, Wannabe. I have posted three successfully including the suspected Druid's bike. It was a roundabout process having to save the e-mail that I didn't intend to send with attached resized photograph  as a draft, copying the pic to a folder and then browsing that folder to upload to BM. I had tried to resize with Photobucket but I couldn't get the pics back on my computer except as links. So, I will be sticking to the e-mail method of resizing and may even add some pics to my profile now I know how to do it. I'll post some more from Avebury tomorrow. 
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Ere!

Did anyone spot a 50-something blokey... probably dressed quite country gentlemanish in a Barbour or summat yesterday?

Wandering around the Red Lion from 12.15 to 1.30 bearing a sign that said "Lou the Pirate"?! LOL

I'm in trouble for not showing up apparently.

WTF? I was there for 5 hours, how much more do they want from me?! LOL

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Hey Cata Big smile

I cheated a bit and hit the email button... resized the pic... then right clicked on the pic in the resultant message and saved to desktop...

I don't use the Mac mailing system, so it won't let me save messages.

Might shave a few seconds off the time taken? Certainly easier than faffing around in photobucket and re-saving the amended pics.
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Whose was the Sunbeam?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Some random wizard-type - bike looks great eh?                                                                                                                                                                              
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

The Sunbeam belonged to the gentleman with the beard and the staff sticking up from his back pack. He was nothing to do with us and went for a walk - with his staff, leaving his bike in the car park. It was nice to see an unrestored S8 in good nick.                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

went for a walk - with his staff

That's a big sticky thing, not an entourage of footmen, butlers and assorted maids in waiting in this instance Wills Wink

Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

And I was thinking a doggy-woggy!!

I was going to say S8, but didn't want to be too much of a show-off. A gentleman's personal conveyance if ever there was one - are you quite sure he didn't have a domestic entourage, WB?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Perhaps they were following in the Bentley? Big smile

shooter's Profile
shooter

In: Bracknell

Looking forward to the next one.  Will have a bit more time to hang around hopefully plus will be on one of the 2 or 3 wheelers rather than 4!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Flying visits appreciated Batty... besides, you timed it well so Arf could have a sit down for his dinner without dumping anyone out of their chair LOL

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

With apologies for the delay... I got sidetracked... oooh pretty!

Yer photos have been uploaded successfully Nodrog ;o)

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

I think that's the lot for the photos - anyone who went (and who we managed to catch in a photo, mentioning no names, MICK!) can you drop by and tag yourself sometime?

Cheers Big smile

And thanks again for such a good turn out on a very iffy day! Roll on the next time!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Aww thanks WB your real shineing  StarStar i will try harder next time Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

No worries m'dear Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford

Wow, whoever took the pic of my little bandit has really done it proud, did you have a 'clean and prestine' digital filter or sommit!

Somehow the pixels have hidden the scrapes and scars, must have been it's only good side!

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

I think that was a Cataraptor pic Nick - looks great doesn't she?! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9551 seconds. There are 592 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption